cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

2strix
Adept II

R9 295X2 VRAM PROBLEM

I went back to my previous card, and got over one of the problems I had!
This is VRAM when I go through the 3.1 GB the second card just crashes the whole system "The RAM drops to 30 MB and rises back to 3.1 or 1.0 GB
The question is what can be done about it?
According to MSI it shows like this, and according to AMD's software it shows that the GPU2 video card reaches 6.1 GB you will see in the picture I marked for you to see.
Is this a driver bug? Or is it a malfunction in the card?
How can it be fixed? I made the VRAM fan I control through the motherboard and it is now running at 3400 RPM (FULL SPEED) because I thought it was warming up but no.
Any suggestions?
It's important to note that this happens in every game when I exceed 3.1 GB in GPU2
GPU1 is correct, reaches 4 GB without problems and no crashes, suggestions?
This is when I upload everything to ULTRA and I exceed the 3.1 GB VRAM:

Inked1_LI.jpg

This is when I put on LOW in order to drop from 3.1 GB:

Inked2_LI.jpg

Thanks for the helpers!

0 Likes
10 Replies

what happens if you run OCCT GPU Test which checks Vram on GPU cards?

Also I would run the other OCCT Stress test especially the PSU test.

By the way do you have both card in Crossfire configuration?

0 Likes

OCCT I will try to run, the question is whether it supports CFX
And if there is a possibility that it will capture all the VRAM?
As for the power supply, why do you think it is?
It worked great until I switched to AMD VII following the problem. It is important to note that I do not have any system crashes in the 2 core effort with the current AMD R9 295X2.
And yes I am working on CROSSFIRE (listed above Narali in the picture)
When I do Windows Task Manager he does not see that I have 2GB of VRAM in GPU2
But in AMD's software yes.
According to VIDEO MEMORY STREET experience he writes me a note on the VRAM that I have 1500GB available or something.
help??!?

The OCCT software does not have CFX recognition so I cannot perform a second core VRAM test.
According to stress tests everything seems fine (PSU \ GPU1)

I am not that knowledgeable about those GPU cards in Crossfire so maybe some other User can assist you.

It could be either a Radeon Setting or Game setting or possibly a Windows Settings issue but just guessing

0 Likes

Unfortunately not so much.
But thanks for the experience up here 2 more pictures I have now after VRAM testing in one of the cores just all errors! I have no idea if there is any software that can repair (like HDD for example)

22222.JPG333.JPG

0 Likes

This website which shows the best 6 VRAM testing program mentions that Video Memory Stress test is good for older GPU cards: https://www.raymond.cc/blog/having-problems-with-video-card-stress-test-its-memory/

Try using Furmark or GPUMEM Test and see if you get similar results.

If you do get errors on that one GPU Card then most likely that GPU Card is defective.

But test each GPU card with the other removed from the PC.

Okay, after trying.
Everything actually looks right to the eye + the software says so about the two memory chips.
The other thing I noticed when I turned off the CFX from the GPU2 software goes down to 3 MB of memory.
When I return it it rises to 240 MB instead of 2500GB.
Each time the computer is turned on / off costs an additional MB.
When I ran a test with CFX turned off in GPUMEMTEST it took 3GB
When it was CFX it only took 1.20GB instead of 3GB like in the first core.
Maybe this is something that AMD is not aware of ??
That is, their bug in the software since 2019?
As for FURMARK I tried the card in both cores works great (I could not implement the VRAM there only the core performance itself) does not pass the 65C in both cores.
1030MHZ on memory speed 1300MHZ UEFI BIOS.
Any more recommendations?

PASS1.JPGPASS2.JPG

Unless some other User has more advice the only one I have left is to open a AMD Service Request (Official AMD SUPPORT) and see what they say about your Crossfire configuration issues from here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form

I also would open a Motherboard Support ticket to see if what is happening could be a motherboard issue.

Like I mentioned I am not very familiar with Crossfire problems. But if both GPU cards checked good than it is either a AMD Driver or Motherboard issue.

I do not know about setting anything on the motherboard, it is 2 cores on 1 card so it works a bit different from a card in 2 forms of CRSSFIRE
I will open a message to AMD maybe they are aware of this, regarding the board it is AS2 ROG of ASUS ROG if it is relevant, updated BIOS of course.
I7 7700 NON K I made him OC BCLK to 4.3 GHz

Z270H

0 Likes