cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

kreyton
Journeyman III

R9 290 MANTLE ERROR IN WINDOWS 10

Hi,  I get this error on windows 10 boot up.

C:\Windows\System32\amdmantle64.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system adming etc. etc. Error status 0xc00012f

System is Windows 10, i52500k, AMD R9 280 (running drivers 19.12.3 currently)

Only started getting this after AMD dropped Mantle support I believe. Not sure. Is there a way to at least get rid of this nagging error message or do I have to run 19.4.3 drivers?

It doesn't come up constantly but always on start up and sometimes If I install something etc.

This error is not specific to any game. 

I have reinstalled drivers several times, also did a complete driver flush using the driver removal tool from AMD, then reinstalled latest driver package. 

Thanks

0 Likes
5 Replies
el_arantis
Adept III

Last driver that supported Mantle was 19.4.3

Support for AMD Mantle API Technology has been discontinued starting

with Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.5.1

As I have read AMD donated Mantle to Vulkan creators/developers.

kreyton
Journeyman III

Yeah, I was reading that it was not supported. 

I guess what I am asking is:. 

Is there a way to stop the error measage? 

If it is not supported or discontinued why is the mantle dll still referenced or called on in the newer drivers?

Is mantle inside the hardware inherently?

Is this forcing a hardware upgrade or are just forced to run with a very old driver?

Its a machine for my kid, it's fine for his needs. Card and processor work very well together still.

Thanks

0 Likes

Why Mantle is soooo important for you?? Play your games using another API that is supported by your preferred games, such as DirectX, OpenGL and Vulkan. Personally I cannot suggest you to stay with old drivers, because new ones, not only can improve your performance, but include several bug and security fixes. For now 19.12.1 is the best, till a REAL Adrenalin 2020 comes out

Mantle is not important to me. As I said in my original post.....the error message comes up when I boot into windows , on computer start up...it does not relate to a game. None of my games are set to use Mantle.  Thanks.

0 Likes

Have you tried to uninstall the driver using DDU? You can down load it from here Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) V18.0.2.1 Released. - Wagnardsoft Forum  Uninstall the drivers and install them from the beginning. Hope that helps.

0 Likes