cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

lucasbryske
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

R9 290 died...after installing crimson edition 16.15.2211 with hotfix. SCANDAL !!!

Hello.

Few days ago I decided to update my drivers for my Gigabyte R9 290. I implemented crimson edition 16.15.2211 with hotfix drivers.

That was the biggest mistake of my life.

After couple of hours my screen started to show many artefacts, and after restarting it I was not able to run the system, only colored squares on the screen.

Tried different card, different system , run many tests.

My Radeon died ! This is total scandal and I will sue the manufacturer and I will forward this case to press and Nvidia. I demand satisfaction.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
sandrino
Miniboss
Miniboss

Re: R9 290 died...after installing crimson edition 16.15.2211 with hotfix. SCANDAL !!!

This means that your graphics card fried itself

0 Kudos
jakslap
Challenger
Challenger

Re: R9 290 died...after installing crimson edition 16.15.2211 with hotfix. SCANDAL !!!

AMD has become a terrible brand just browsing through the forums makes me sick. so many issues everyone is experiencing especially with Crimson + Windows 10. Overheating, Flickering, Artifacting, Crashing, automatic reboots, the list goes on and on. When is AMD going to wake up and release proper drivers. its been over year now. Customers dont know if its from there graphics card, or other components that are causing all these issues.

Please AMD FIX your drivers.

Also not supporting your old products really shows that you guys even know that your products dont even last and are all fried.

No more driver support for the 6950 is really unacceptable especially when nvidia still has driver support for the Geforce 8000 series Win 10, and even has 64 bit Win 7 drivers for Geforce 6000 series.

0 Kudos
amdmatt
Community Manager
Community Manager

Locked this thread as it's a duplicate.

I have responded here: R9 290 died...after installing crimson edition 16.15.2211 with hotfix. SCANDAL !!!