Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

eruadan
Journeyman III

Re: R9 290 Crashing With Black Screen

Jump to solution

I used to have this issue, but I would fix it by increasing the fan speed and doing anything else i could to prevent the card from overheating. I got a new case with better airflow recently and though the issue was gone completely, but now im kind of worried that i just fried the dang thing and for some reason it didnt tell me

0 Likes
eruadan
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

It this point i can't install the drivers at all without the black screen showing up and i'm about ready to admit defeat and call it a hardware issue

0 Likes
mr_cat
Adept I

Jump to solution

maybe merutsu‌ can help you he tweaked my vbios

0 Likes
merutsu
Adept II

Jump to solution

did it already (he sent me a pm), no changes

0 Likes
jjwarlord71
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

i have the same issue with my r9 290x can u help me

0 Likes
jjwarlord71
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

please help me with my sapphire r9 290x 

0 Likes
BigMan32
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

Hey man do you still mod vbioses? I got this r9 290 tri x oc that crashes when turning off benchmarks. I tried changing the lower DPM state voltages to higher values but the GPU is unstable and it crashes. How can i contact you for help?

0 Likes
amag2502
Journeyman III

Re: AMD drivers crashing with black screen when installing and after reboot!

Jump to solution

I've seen a lot of post about this issue, we all have the same GPU, R9 series.... 

I experienced the problem way back November 2020. Until now it's not working... I've tried everything but I can't fix it....

0 Likes
felixd87
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

Hello there. Old thread, i know but i also have an ASUS DCuIIOC vBios that could use a mod. I'm new here but can i send you my vbios? (yes, i take responbibility if it bricks my card) Also HOW can i send it to you, i don't see a PM button.

Thank you very much @merutsu !

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Arrow_Strider
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

my R9.gifScreen Shot 07-01-21 at 10.34 PM.PNGPlease! I CAN'´´´T STAND IT ANYMORE!

I´'ve been strugling with this problem for YEARS NOW... Changed Power supply, motherboard, and this NIGHTMARE still persist!
I feel like i´m cursed! Literally!

Mine is an XFX R9 290 DD (Double Dissipation).

I tried everything possible:
Running MSI Afterburner with +25mV added to Core Voltage
Fan Speed at 100%
Countless driver changes...

At the moment i´m with Windows 10 and the driver windows update provided me... But random video signal loss still occurs. There are days that everything works fine, and there are days when it happens twice or more. I don't know the meaning of stable peace anymore, not trusting my own luck.

I was playing Arma 3 about now and all of a sudden my monitors lose video signal. Pressed Reset and nothing. Turned computer off... On again... NOTHING (I´m about to have a heart attack everytime). Switched off my power supply, wait 10 seconds and switch on again, check cables, pray to gods and switch power on ... This time Asus Logo shows up (THANK GOD!).

But i MUST, after all those years find a solution. Can't live like this anymore.

My exact model:
https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/xfx-r9-290-double-dissipation-edition.b2718

Please HELP ME!

0 Likes