cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

papajohn
Journeyman III

R9 270x OC PowerColor Black Screen after i Install drivers

Hello, soo recently i got myself a new GPU R9 270x OC PowerColor. I know its pretty old but it somewhat works.

When i got my GPU i wanted to format everything so i installed a new Windows 7 64 bit System, before installing the latest drivers everything works fine but after installing and the PC restart, it starts fine until it shloud load up the screen, The screen goes black. Weirdly my mouse and keyboard go off aswell and i cant do anything expect restart. Sometimes when i restart it, it acctualy does a Blue screen sometimes. I didnt know what to do so i looked up on the internet too see if im the only one having this problem, and i saw that im not the only one, some of them said that there is nothing to do and its all up to AMD to fix and some of them suggested to download earlier version of the drivers i tried that, but well it didnt do anything diffrent. And then i lost all hope and my friend suggested to install Driver Magician and install all the drivers it suggest. It kind off worked, It didnt do a black screen I was soo happy and tired aswell, soo i didnt bother turning the PC off and well i woke up tommorow too a black screen . But i noticed that sometimes it said: "Display drivers stopped responding but have successfully recoverd" and the screen wloud go black for a second. Soo right now im really confused, it really bothers me that i cant figure out am i even able to fix this or is it just gonna stay like this... Any suggestions wloud be awesome. Thanks!

0 Likes
2 Replies

#1 IMHO NEVER USE THOSE DRIVER MAGICIAN THINGS. They range from useless to scams.

Now on to some help. Run DDU, get it at wagnardsoft_com, this utility fully removes old graphics drivers from your system. Read the install directions, you must run  from safe mode with networking so you can also download the latest driver 18.8.1 currently. Once it is uninstalled, restart with the internet disconnected, pull the cable or turn off the router. Restart normal and install driver again. Choose custom install and choose clean install.

If by chance you have any 3rd party utilities for graphics installed like afterburner, overdrive, trixx, etc. uninstall them while you are in safe mode before restarting.

sardus
Journeyman III

hi i had similar problem with two card both r9 270x i thought the card were dead and i replace them
after i backed one of the card at 200c in the oven for 8 minute and...boom the card is working!
i installed the 18.3.4 drivers.

0 Likes