cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

angrybear
Newcomer

R9 270 Constant GPU & Memory Frequency

I have an MSI R9 270 running at 400 MHz GPU clock speed unless I start a 3d intensitive game.

How do I make the card run at 955 MHz at all time and stops it from downclocking to 400 MHz when no games are running?

Whenever I tried to change the frequency using overdrive, it took GPU speed to 300 and Memory speed to 150.

I have a clean installation of the latest catalyst drivers.

Please Help.

0 Likes
3 Replies
plumboby
Miniboss

Have to run at least first adrenaline for the full features of Wattman where you can use it properly. I am picking up a R9270 card in the next day or so & going load up either 17.12.1 or 18.2.1 drivers which I am running & arnt the best but stable drivers & wattman great for OC with ease.

0 Likes

I tried a clean install of the wattman drivers, did not work, every time I tried to change the frequency, the card clocks itself to 300/150.

Is this a UVD problem?

0 Likes
jakslap
Challenger

That's perfectly normal, cards down clock them self when not in use or in idle state.

If your card is gonna run at max speeds all the time you will be killing your power bill.

Its not a card issue or driver issue its how manufacturers made the cards. Download GPU and look for a little ? mark symbol and it explains a little better

0 Likes