cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

R7240 Black/blue screen, can't solve

I got a r7 240 2gb GDDR5  in January, since the day i got it, i'm having a black screen issue, the sceen goes black but the sound keeps on, sometimes it crashes entirely and i always need to do a hard reboot. I've tried everything i saw in forums, Tdrdelay, old and new drivers, disabling onboard graphics, always using DDU, nothing can solve this, i tried yesterday formatting and installing windows 7 for a try, and it keeps happening, i never got a crash dump file in windows 10, in w7 i got one everytime:

On Sun 04/04/2021 12:44:34 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\040421-8642-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: amdkmdag.sys (0xFFFFF8800F0C8850)
Bugcheck code: 0x116 (0xFFFFFA800BAC52E0, 0xFFFFF8800F0C8850, 0x0, 0x2)
Error: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\amdkmdag.sys
product: ATI Radeon Family
company: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
description: ATI Radeon Kernel Mode Driver
Bug check description: This indicates that an attempt to reset the display driver and recover from a timeout failed.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: amdkmdag.sys (ATI Radeon Kernel Mode Driver, Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.).
Google query: amdkmdag.sys Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. VIDEO_TDR_ERROR

someone could help me? should i try warranty already? 4 months and i can't solve this black/blue screen issue, the memory, MOBO and graphics card were bought in January and it all works perfectly without the GPU, running at onboard. If it can work for 16 hours it must not be some incompability, right?

BIOSTAR 1155 - H61MHV2
SSD Adata 120gb (no HDD for a while)
8GB RAM ddr3
I5-3470
R7 240 GDDR5 2GB 128Bits

The same system has runned a GT730 for almost 2 years, the PSU is working finely, so all the other parts...

0 Likes
0 Replies