cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

R7240 Black/blue screen amdkmdag.sys 0xFFFFF8800F0C8850

Recently, i got a r7240 2gb gddr5, since then, January, i'm having a black screen issue, the screen goes black but the sound keeps going, or it crashes entirely and i need to hard reboot always. Yesterday i tried formating and installing windows7, the crash took a little bit longer to occur, but when it came i finally got a crash dump, which i never got using windows 10, so, analyzing with Whocrashed, the following message appears:

On Sun 04/04/2021 08:33:09 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\040421-8533-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: amdkmdag.sys (0xFFFFF8800F0C8850)
Bugcheck code: 0x116 (0xFFFFFA800702C4E0, 0xFFFFF8800F0C8850, 0x0, 0x2)
Error: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\amdkmdag.sys
product: ATI Radeon Family
company: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
description: ATI Radeon Kernel Mode Driver
Bug check description: This indicates that an attempt to reset the display driver and recover from a timeout failed.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: amdkmdag.sys (ATI Radeon Kernel Mode Driver, Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.).
Google query: amdkmdag.sys Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. VIDEO_TDR_ERROR

someone could help me? I tried everything, old and new drivers, always with DDU,  formating, disabling onboard graphics, TdrDelay on regedit, installing without amd adrenaline, driver slimmer etc. 

0 Likes
0 Replies