Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

sandrino
Miniboss
Miniboss

R7 M360 clock speeds fluctuates all the time for no reason

Jump to solution

I have an acer aspire E5-552G-T3A1 with an a10 8700p with R7 M360.

My problem is that the R7 M360 constantly fluctuates it's speed, it does not matter what game I run, when something is set to run on the R7 M360 that happens. The full speed is 1125 MHZ

Is this going to be fixed in a driver update?

Here is a picture with gpu-z and valley benchmark running:

pastedImage_1.pngpastedImage_2.pngpastedImage_3.pngpastedImage_4.png

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
abi
Challenger
Challenger

Re: R7 M360 clock speeds fluctuates all the time for no reason

Jump to solution

hey, on the pics that you sent the fan speed is always at 100%, it seems that the system doesnt want those temp. Have you realised if the gpu frequency fluctuates when the gpu is colder? Just to understand if it can be some kind of termal throtling. If its termal throtling you need to improve your pc air flow, by using something like a laptop cooler

View solution in original post

11 Replies
sandrino
Miniboss
Miniboss

Jump to solution

Here is another picture if you are running an actual game:

pastedImage_0.png

0 Kudos
sandrino
Miniboss
Miniboss

Jump to solution

My drivers is the 16.5.2.1 crimson edition. ( I have tried with 15.12 but then the results were even worse)

0 Kudos
abi
Challenger
Challenger

Jump to solution

hey, on the pics that you sent the fan speed is always at 100%, it seems that the system doesnt want those temp. Have you realised if the gpu frequency fluctuates when the gpu is colder? Just to understand if it can be some kind of termal throtling. If its termal throtling you need to improve your pc air flow, by using something like a laptop cooler

View solution in original post

sandrino
Miniboss
Miniboss

Jump to solution

The fan speed indivator is wrong and do not display the correct fan speed percentage look this is at like 39 degrees celsius and the fan is quiet, but still shows 100% pastedImage_0.png

0 Kudos
sandrino
Miniboss
Miniboss

Jump to solution

I have ran a render test on gpu-z and I noticed that when the gpu hits 70 degrees celcius, it starts to stutter and the fan gets louder.

0 Kudos
sandrino
Miniboss
Miniboss

Jump to solution

If I am using my intergrated graphics, none of this stuff happens and it always stays at around 64 degrees celsius. On my intergrated graphics I am able to play need for speed most wanted 2012 on high settings on 720p

0 Kudos
abi
Challenger
Challenger

Jump to solution

on radeon settings, what shows on global settings (gaming tab) for target GPU temp and target fan speed, have your tried to tweak theses values?

0 Kudos
abi
Challenger
Challenger

Jump to solution

thats termal throtle at 70ºc. Go to radeon settings, -gaming tab-  global settings- then search theses values: target GPU temp and target fan speed.

Bump up fan speed, and check if the target GPU temp is at max value

0 Kudos
sandrino
Miniboss
Miniboss

Jump to solution

I can't do that as overdrive is not available to me, because acer has blocked any form of altering the speed of the cpu and gpu aswell as the fan speed. so global overdrive is gone here is a picture:

pastedImage_0.png

0 Kudos