cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

rakabee
Adept I

R7 M340 can't handle modern game

So after so many days of trying, figuring out what's the problem with the laptop. Im stuck either the driver was wrong or just AMD thing.

the problem of my laptop was flickering, hung/freeze.
let me break it down for ya'

1. flickering
happen with the newest recomended driver or the newest optional driver (either you installed manual or using web installer), playing games with unity based, unreal engine, a game or emulator that use either direct X, open GL, or vulkan. After a few moments the problem occured, screen start flicker straight weird color turn to black screen and like restarted the driver. Sometimes makes the screen broken if you open other application like chrome, or just open folder.
2. hung
happen with 19.12.1 or 19.12.2 (some source says that those drivers were stable for APU laptop). the reason still the same playing game. But different with flickering that occurs right away, this problem makes the game froze a few minute and then the mouse started to froze as well and hard reset was the only way to restart the laptop.

0 Likes
6 Replies

• AMD Graphics Card Make & Model
    • AMD Radeon R7 Graphics Dual Graphics
  • Desktop or Laptop System
    • Laptop Acer Aspire e5-553G
  • Operating System
    • Windows 10 64bit 20H2 19042.804
  • Driver version installed
    • Radeon Software Adrenaline 19.12.2
  • Display Make and model and connection/adapter in use, resolution, and refresh rate.
    • Generic PnP Monitor 60 Hertz
  • CPU/APU Make and model number
    • AMD A12-9700P RADEON R7, 10 COMPUTE CORES 4C+6G 4 Cores
  • Motherboard Make & Model + Bios Revision
    • Asus X570 Prime Pro BIOS 2802
  • Power Supply Unit Make & Model + Wattage
  • System Memory Make & Model + Frequency 
    • I Dont Know About these Two
0 Likes

That is a entry level card..not designed for gaming. You will have issues.

Read > https://www.game-debate.com/hardware/index.php?gid=3502&graphics=Radeon%20R7%20M340%202GB

First of all, i want to say thank you for the answer. I Begin to believe that my laptop can't handle any modern game and stay with ps1 emulator.

But something happened, I'm determined to play Story of Season: Friends of Mineral Town so I installed and try to play the game. Weird enough, this game doesn't make my laptop hung, crash or error. it runs normally with a normal setting. So why this happen? did you say this laptop not designed for gaming? and by the way on the link that you had i cant find my CPU.

0 Likes

We are talking about the graphics card..not the processor.

Radeon R7 M340 2GB Can Run PC Game System Requirements (game-debate.com)

"Based on current gaming requirements the Radeon R7 M340 2GB is considered one of the weakest cards and wont meet modern AAA game specs. Radeon R7 M340 2GB is capable of DirectX 12 gaming requirements."

0 Likes

That is a very weak graphics card...you will have issues. Lower your game settings?

Read > https://www.game-debate.com/hardware/index.php?gid=3502&graphics=Radeon%20R7%20M340%202GB

0 Likes