cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

nefe
Adept II

Re: GPU black screen with R7 370

Just did all that and it still didn't work. I suspect that the problem may indeed be coming from the GPU itself but that surprises me because it's scarcely been a year since I bought it. How could it go bad so fast if I didn't ever touch it or mess with it? I don't have another computer at my disposal right now to try and verify this theory, I'm gonna have to wait till tuesday for that. I'll notify the result afterwards.

Thanks for your help thus far anyway.

0 Likes
elstaci
MVP

Where did you purchase the GPU card? at Amazon Marketplace by any chance?  Your card should have at least a year warranty.

I know from past experiences that bad memory can cause a lot of BSOD. When you have a chance, just to eliminate that area, run MEMTEST86. You should see absolutely no errors after the first and corresponding passes. Also a bad PSU can cause BSOD when stressed. Use a Hardware monitoring software to check your PSU outputs to be sure they are within range. I personally use a free program called OCCT. It can stress test your PSU, CPU and GPU components plus it shows all outputs from your PSU.

What are the errors you get from the BSOD's?

Also from past experience, I thought my GPU card was bad and turned out to be something else. Either a bad driver or some other hardware failure. That is why I suggested trying your GPU card on another computer system. If you still get BSODs from another computer system it is a good chance your card is faulty or try another GPU card in your computer system.

0 Likes
nefe
Adept II

I bought it on a french site, I believe I have kept the warranty somewhere.

I'll try all these things you said tomorrow I think, gonna lack the time today. I don't get any error whatsoever when the BSOD occurs, the monitor just turns black and I can't do anything until I reset my computer.

0 Likes
elstaci
MVP

No POST or anything? Does the computer perform any BEEPS while booting up? 

When the monitor turns black, absolutely no image at all, like the mouse pointer? do you get a "No Signal" on your monitor when it goes black?

0 Likes
nefe
Adept II

No message, no mouse cursor, no nothing, just a sudden black screen. The only particular thing  I notice is that whenever I boot the computer there's a red dot that starts flashing next to the button to boot the computer. There is a beep sound that occurs once when I boot the computer but it has always done so before, even when the GPU used to work.

0 Likes
elstaci
MVP

This thread is running at the moment on AMD Forum. See if the problem you are having is the same. Black screen when installing AMD drivers .

0 Likes
nefe
Adept II

Yes it's pretty much the same thing

0 Likes
elstaci
MVP

Start posting your question there also. R7 is a rebrand of the HD7xxxx series GPU card. Obviously, it seems to be a driver conflict or issue with Windows 10.  Your GPU card could be good.

0 Likes
nefe
Adept II

I'll do just that, thanks for the heads up!

0 Likes
monkeytx
Newcomer

Re: R7 370 GPU Black Screen 17.12.1 Windows 10

Still have this issue, little to no support, people on youtube just say don't buy AMD products in the future.

0 Likes