R7 370 black screen during Driver Install

Hi all,

System is:

ASUS STRIX R7 370 4GB Gaming

4690k(No OC)

ASUS ROG Hero VII

16 GB Hyper X RAM

EVGA 750W G2 Power supply

New Install of Windows, tested with latest update and with oldest update this year on a new 500GB Western Digital SSD

So, connecting with DVI or DP, with no drivers, I can log into Windows with default resolution. If I download the latest drivers from Radeon, and run the program to install. Progress gets to ~66%, quick flash screen, display comes back, then black screen. From hereon out, GPU will not come back to display. I then have to disconnect the power to the GPU, plug DVI into the mobo, DDU the drivers, shutdown, reinstate power to GPU, and test again.

I have tried with old, new, not-so-old drivers going back to the beginning of the year. At one point, during testing, I had a "rainbow" screen, not sure how else to describe it. Just multi-colored vertical lines across the entire screen.

Now, to me, it seems like there is a software/firmware issues since the card works okay until drivers are installed. I kind of want to refuse the fact that the GPU is defective based on that. Everything "works" until drivers are installed.

Anyone else out there had a similar issue? Thanks in advance.

2 Replies
prearol
Adept I

Did you find a solution? I'm having the same issue.

0 Likes

i had the same issue , do you find any solution about this? thanks

0 Likes