Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

mode
Adept II

R7 250 + A10 7850K - R7 250 is disabled in Crimson - No Dual Graphics Option

Jump to solution

How do I enable dual graphics with my following information?

Cleared previous drivers with DDU.  Installed APU Crimson 16.3 with dGPU removed.  Installed dGPU.  Still no option for crossfire or dual graphics.  R7 250 shows up in Crimson but shows as disabled.

Instructions from motherboard manufacturer:

There is no dual graphics under the bios option. The new bios have option hidden.

sorry about the confusion.

AMD Dual Graphic

To setup dual graphic, it’s required both CPU and VGA card must be match/paired.

For more information visit link below.

http://www.amd.com/en-us/innovations/software-technologies/dual-graphics#desktop
Below is sample image form AMD website.

Below setps for setting dual graphic

• Download and update both latest BIOS and onboard VGA drivers. (do not install discrete VGA card driver or uninstall it).
  • Set the memory speed to 1866 or above (required actual memory speed 1866 minimum).
  • Set the Primary Graphic to onboard in BIOS, Advanced, North Bridge Configuration.
  • Boot to Windows and install onboard VGA drivers (only). If discrete VGA driver already installed, please unintall it first.
  • Restart the Windows when prompted.
  • Open the AMD Catalyst Center.
  • Click AMD Radeon Dual Grpphics under Performance (see image).
  • Select Enable  AMD Radeon Dual Grpphics (see image).

Eric L

Asrock Support

APU:

AMD A10-7850K Kaveri Quad-Core 3.7 GHz Socket FM2+ 95W AD785KXBJABOX Desktop Processor AMD Radeon R7

RAM:

AMD Radeon R9 Gamer Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2400 (PC3 19200) Desktop Memory Model R938G2401U1K

MOTHERBOARD:

ASRock FM2A88X-ITX+ FM2+ / FM2 AMD A88X (Bolton D4) SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 HDMI Mini ITX AMD Motherboard

Bios version 3.4 (latest)

dGPU:

MSI Radeon R7 250 DirectX 12 R7 250 2GD3 OC 2GB 128-Bit DDR3 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card

Windows 10 64 Bit

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
amdmatt
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: R7 250 + A10 7850K - R7 250 is disabled in Crimson - No Dual Graphics Option

Jump to solution

Please refer to the thread below. How many Shaders does your R7 250 have? Use GPU-Z to verify.

A10-7870k with R7 250 Dual Graphics doesn't show

View solution in original post

18 Replies
sandrino
Miniboss

Re: R7 250 + A10 7850K - R7 250 is disabled in Crimson - No Dual Graphics Option

Jump to solution

Try installing crimson with both the dgpu and APU inserted.

Make sure that your hdmi or vga cable is connected to your dgpu and not into the motherboard itself

amdmatt
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

Thanks for the post. We are currently investigating reports of Dual Graphics being disabled and the option to enable Dual Graphics is missing from Crimson/Additional Settings.

Please refer to the Motherboard documentation page 28-29 to ensure you have configured Dual Graphics correctly.

pastedImage_0.png

ftp://europe.asrock.com/Manual/FM2A88X-ITX+.pdf

0 Kudos
mode
Adept II

Jump to solution

Interesting.  This is contrary to everything anyone else has suggested.  I will uninstall all drivers with DDU and try again tonight and post back with results.  Although I feel as thought I included this in my permutations, you never know.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
sandrino
Miniboss

Jump to solution

Yeah, I am not too sure that it will work, but it is worth a try.

0 Kudos
amdmatt
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

Please refer to the thread below. How many Shaders does your R7 250 have? Use GPU-Z to verify.

A10-7870k with R7 250 Dual Graphics doesn't show

View solution in original post

sandrino
Miniboss

Jump to solution

Yes amdmatt is correct, if your R7 250 has 512 shaders and is based on cape verde, it is not compatible with dual graphics.

If your R7 250 has 384 shaders and is based on oland then it is dual graphics compatible

mode
Adept II

Jump to solution

YES this is the problem.  I have the same card as that guy.  I'll double check shaders but that is the card I just bought from Newegg.  I will be RMA'ing it immediately.amdmatt sandrino

mode
Adept II

Jump to solution

So essentially the 250 is acting as only a dGPU.

If I go the dGPU route, what can I do to get the most functionality out of the APU if I'm not ustilizing the graphics section of the processor for dual graphics?

0 Kudos
amdmatt
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

Thanks for the confirmation, this is the cause of Dual Graphics not working correctly.

0 Kudos