cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Re: "Thread Stuck in Device Driver" BSOD loop (AMD Radeon R7 M265) !

In my case, there is a box say this every time i install AMD driver and after reboot BOSD definitely show up.
image_thumb-71.png
Therfore I've just set startup type of "AMD External Event Utility" in Service app and it works.

Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Hello Guys,

My laptop is AMD A7 -7410 with R5 M330 integrated graphics. When I updated AMD Display Driver to AMD Adrenalin 2020 (v20.2.2), all videos and mouse moment started to stuck - like moment lag of 1 second. I uninstalled newly installed driver and installed old version (downloaded from HP Driver site) and got error of "Thread Stuck in Device Driver" on startup.

I reinstalled Windows 10 with latest updates and made sure that all drivers are with latest updates, excluding AMD driver but still same Blue Screen error.

Now I have again installed AMD Adrenalin 2020 (v20.2.2) - the error of "Thread Stuck in Device Driver" on startup is gone but again everything stuck - moment lag of 1 second.

please help to resolve the issue.

0 Kudos
Esteemed Contributor III

Did you mean A8-7410? I don't see any A7 products listed. 

Regardless you say you loaded the graphics driver. With APU's you load the driver for the APU and this also installs the needed graphics driver. You may have done this already but just wanted to make sure it is what you did. 

This is where you get your driver assuming I guessed right about which APU you have:

0 Kudos
Esteemed Contributor III

I would run DDU from wagnardsoft_com and install the above driver and see if that helps. 

0 Kudos
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, it is A8 (sorry the mistake), I have installed latest DDU now but as explained earlier display lags by approx 1 sec. I cannot use my laptop for normal video watching also!!! If display driver is disabled then everything works smooth, but again heat problem (i guess CPU takes most of the load) and laptop cannot handle 1080p videos!!

I will one more time re-install the driver, hope it will work! (fingercrossed)

0 Kudos
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Hi,

I tried DDU from wagnardsoft_com and re-installed latest drivers as per above screenshot selection. "Thread stuck in Device Driver" is resolved but display still lags (although I could see slight improvement).

Please help me to sort out this issue.

0 Kudos
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Dear friends!

I am from Brazil, I have a Dell Inspiron 5547 - Intel I5 2.4GHZ laptop with AMD Radeon R7 M265 Graphics Card, identical to what our colleague mentioned in the first post of the topic. The same problem occurs with me for two weeks, Thread Stuck in Device Driver and BSOD. I have the laptop for five years and I never had any kind of problem, I only formatted it once to put the HD SSD and later a memory upgrade.

After playing '' PES 2017 ", my computer showed a white screen and then BSOD. I already did all the tests you presented above: clean installation, clean uninstallation of drivers using DDU, installation of old drivers and nothing solved.

I don't know what else to do, I've done everything, it seems to be an error on the graphics card itself and I've seen several cases on the same card and the same computer. Please, we need an answer from Dell or AMD. Please keep this topic open and working to answer our questions. Anything else I can do?

Journeyman III
Journeyman III

i got the same graphics card as u dude..have u found a solution i have tried everything since march 23rd help me bro

0 Kudos
Adept III
Adept III

Hi brother, sorry for late reply, same case happens with me. However, since then i had installed Windows 8.1 OS on my 5547. It's much stable at the moment. But, a permanent solution is required from AMD Support.

0 Kudos
Adept III
Adept III

Hi guys! @chickenball123‌ pranavkdanielaugusto2606  huej.rection

Apologies for very late response!

Since, late last year, i have been using Windows 8.1 on my 5547, since the Windows 10 OS has failed everytime causing the same old sick BSOD you guys have mentioned.

My BSOD first came out in September 2018 and it was similar to that of danielaugusto2606‌: I had played several games that year like Outlast, Outlast 2, Resident Evil 7 BioHazard, WWE 2k15,16,17 until I installed "The Forest".

It was going smooth for another 4-5 months until one day in September 2018, I was launching the game, only to find out "White Screen" coming up and game crashing down. Next thing i remember is like a Window Update or something, eventually leading to "Thread Stuck" BSOD.

pokester kingfish This issue needs to be addressed seriously, we have tried almost every option with 10, however please report it to "AMD SUPPORT"  

0 Kudos