cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Adept III
Adept III

Re: "Thread Stuck in Device Driver" BSOD loop (AMD Radeon R7 M265) !

Intel.jpgamd.jpg

So,i have provided my Print-screen shots of both GPUs. Now, i don't know why some options are locked here....

0 Kudos
Adept III
Adept III

Hi kingfish‌ , pokesternobleguard27‌ !

Last night, i tried another 'testing' method.

After blocking the AMD basic driver from WU, I went to google and typed "Microsoft Update Catalog R7 M265" and downloaded the .cab file of version: 22.19.162.4 dated 4/23/2017 (Crimson 17.4.4 ReLive)

Then after extracting cabinet extension file (.cab) to a folder of my choice, i went to Device Manager & updated my video controller and manually selected the extracted folder (of .cab RAR file)

After installation of driver, i discovered "R7 M260" driver in my device manager.

Than, i observed some screen flickering of switchable graphics probably.

Finally, i went to Task Manager and under performance, my AMD GPU (GPU 1) started working to 100% on 3D, while on 0% on Copy windows.

Picture attached below:

Screenshot_20191014-103244_Video Player.jpg

Since, once kingfish‌ informed to NOT to install the ReLive version, i removed AMD using DDU in Safe Mode !

is there any hope for me still there ? Please help ASAP....

Note: During this time, i disabled my Windows Update service

0 Kudos
Adept III
Adept III

Update:

I tried every Catalyst Driver, AMD driver from Dell Support, basic driver from Windows Update on Windows 1903, but still got the BSOD "Thread Stuck In Device Driver"

Any more suggestions ? kingfishpokester‌ 

Also, please note that while blocking the 22/06/2015 driver from WU, i went to device manager, i right-clicked to 'Scan for any hardware changes' & than i got AMD driver dated 16/08/2019, which than after installation froze my laptop...

Maybe, now, i revert back to Windows 8.1 

0 Kudos
Esteemed Contributor III

Did you update the Intel graphics first?

Esteemed Contributor III

Have you tried a fresh install of WIndows 10? I know you regressed once I'm not sure if your original  Win 10 install was a clean install or upgrade. Regardless 1903 is pretty fubar on upgrade installations, you may want to clean install it and give it a go again. You might want to just use another hard drive and install to it for testing. Install windows and don't let it update the AMD GPU driver. Do all you other updates including making sure you have the Intel Video driver up to date. Then when all that is done install the latest AMD gpu driver, with updates disabled. A little program from winaero_com called WinAeroTweaker makes it easy to as soon as you install windows use it to disable Windows from installing driver updates. 

I really wish I had great advice to offer you. I now a lot of people have problems with the switchable graphics and I wish I cold fix it for all of them. 

Adept III
Adept III

Yes, I always update Intel graphics first. In fact, it is 29/09/2016 version from Windows Updates....

However, from Intel Driver Support Assistant, i get some version from October, 2018...

Which one should i do? 

0 Kudos
Adept III
Adept III

always, thanks for the assistance, Mate !

But, still as i said earlier, I always block the AMD driver from WU, while updating all others from WU. 

Which Windows 10 Build is most stable for my system ?

Otherwise, i am thinking of 8.1.....

0 Kudos
Esteemed Contributor III

Use the latest from Intel:

https://community.amd.com/thread/207699 

0 Kudos
Esteemed Contributor III

Honesty I could not say if one would be more stable but the latest AMD drivers are always optimized for the most recent version of Windows and that is currently 1903.

Adept III
Adept III

kingfishpokester‌ :

Okay, i blocked Intel HD driver (29-09-2016) from Windows Update and installed following latest drivers:

- Intel (R) HD Family driver (from Intel Sriver Support Assistant) dated 20/10/2018

- AMD Adrenalin 19.9.1 dated 10/09/2019

But, after AMD driver installation, my laptop display stutters although without any BSODs....

Also Radeon Settings don't open up....

Am I missing anything ?

0 Kudos