cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Esteemed Contributor III

Re: "Thread Stuck in Device Driver" BSOD loop (AMD Radeon R7 M265) !

Safe mode is not used to install the drivers, only to uninstall using DDU. Just make sure you unplug from the internet....and follow the steps to prevent automatic updates.

0 Kudos
Esteemed Contributor III

0 Kudos
Adept III
Adept III

I followed all your steps but unfortunately after reboot BSOD "Thread Stuck in device driver" returned...

Can i hide the AMD basic driver and install another driver instead e.g Catalyst 15.7.1 with it's own basic driver ?

0 Kudos
Esteemed Contributor III

0 Kudos
Adept III
Adept III

Tried the above steps through registry but unfortunately once again the BSOD "thread stuck in device driver" comes up as soon as i install AMD Basic Display driver (22/02/2015) from Windows 10 Update.

Can i get another update version (maybe of later date instead of same old 2015 driver??)

Also, one more thing, I've also been getting 'atimpag.sys' & 'atimdag.sys' BSODs !

Sorry to repeatedly disturb u mate....

0 Kudos
Adept III
Adept III

Hardware Monitor Report.jpgOkay, kingfish‌ 

I tried everything on Windows 10 but nothing seemed to help.

Therefore, now i installed Windows 8.1 x64 (that was the original/factory-default OS for my laptop.

I successfully downloaded & installed the following graphic drivers:

1. Intel(R) HD Graphics Family    (Version: 10.18.14.4414  --------   Driver date:  3/23/2016)

2. AMD Radeon R7 M260            (Version: 15.301.1801.1001 -----  Driver date:  2/3/2016)

Now,  fortunately after completely updating my windows, i don't get any BSODs. 

After launching any game from Radeon Settings, i get following errors on display:

1. mmloaddrv.exe has stopped working

2. display driver stopped responding and has recovered

In addition, I have also created the registry entry TdrDelay with value of 8. 

I also attached the hardware monitor report.

Any further help will be appreciated?

Note: Currently, i have installed following AMD Crimson driver: WHQL-64Bit-Radeon-Software-Crimson-16.1.1-Win10-Win8.1-Win7-Feb12 

0 Kudos
Esteemed Contributor III

AMD dvr.exe has to do with the Relive application...which is not supported on laptops. It should not have been trying to start...or even installed. Did you install the Mobility version of the driver?

Try deleting the program from the Cnext folder:

Do you have any yellow marks in Device Manager/display?

Do you have your laptop set for 'Performance'? Not the default 'Balanced'.

0 Kudos
Adept III
Adept III

Nope, mate, i have my laptop set to 'Balanced' 

But i cannot find any 'amddvr64' .exe program in CNEXT folder, instead i have these programs:

pastedImage_1.png

And i get the MMload error/application stopped working etc

0 Kudos
Adept III
Adept III

kingfishamdmatt pokester ghost_takeme hardcoregames™ 

Brothers, need some assistance here!

I have clean installed Windows 10 x64 Update 1903 on my Dell 5547

Now, my AMD R7 M265 basic driver of 22/06/2015 caused BSOD again!

Also after i downloaded ''Auto-detect'' installer, Adrenalin 19.5.1 was installed but froze my computer before i reached the infamous BSOD ''Thread Stuck in Device Driver''

Which, version should i install for my Laptop? Catalyst, Crimson or Adrenalin ? 

Need recommendations ASAP!

0 Kudos
Esteemed Contributor III

Honestly I don't uses the auto detect or upgrade from Radeon Settings. They are IMHO problematic at best. I hate to say that buy just my experience, yes if they are available they should work.

I recommend that you always just download the full stand alone driver installer package.

This should be yours, the newest driver is 19.7.5 : AMD Radeon™ R7 265 Drivers & Support | AMD   

Now if a previous driver will work any better then that will likely take some testing on your part. If you are regressing drivers or even in your case where you are having some issues, I would recommend running DDU to clear out the old driver and start with a fresh slate. You run it from safe mode with the internet disabled then reboot and with the internet disable install the Intel then AMD driver. DDU can be downloaded from wagnardsoft_com.

Please know that it is important that you have all your Windows updates installed, even optional ones and especially .net.

You must have the Intel Video Driver installed first. 

So install all Windows updates.

Run DDU.

Install the Intel Driver

Install the AMD Driver.

Good Luck!

Remember if a driver is not working for you to report the issue to AMD:  Online Service Request | AMD 

0 Kudos