cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Adept III
Adept III

"Thread Stuck in Device Driver" BSOD loop (AMD Radeon R7 M265) !

kingfish‌ 

My Laptop's specs:

Dell Inspiron 5547 Core i7, 8GB RAM, 1TB HDD

Dual-Graphics Card : Intel HD 4000 & AMD Radeon R7 M265 2GB

I am facing continuous/endless loop of BSOD "Thread Stuck In Device Driver" as soon as I enable my AMD GPU driver from "Device Manager", also the system heats up too. 

System ran fine for up-to 4 years but unfortunately i got this error after playing ''The Forest'' game by getting a white screen on game launching. 

It is worth mentioning here that I also ran hardware diagnostics by pressing F12 key & there is says every thing including Video Card is working fine 

Also tried DDU/uninstalling all the AMD display drivers numerous times but problem still persists...Now laptop works fine when i disable the AMD driver 

Can i install Windows 8.1 to rectify the issue? Any help/suggestions will be appreciated, mates!

90 Replies
Esteemed Contributor III

Re: "Thread Stuck in Device Driver" BSOD loop (AMD Radeon R7 M265) !

What OS do you have now?

Did you update the Intel driver first?

https://community.amd.com/thread/207699 

Adept III
Adept III

Windows 10 x64

Yes, i updated Intel Graphics too

0 Kudos
Esteemed Contributor III

Adept III
Adept III

Sure, Brother, I'll try it !

Adept III
Adept III

So, i updated my Intel Graphics driver by using Intel Driver Support Assistant and also tried the latest AMD Adrenalin 2019 but setup for AMD froze and i had to force-fully turn off the system only to find out the BSODs: "System Memory Managemt" & "Thread Stuck in device driver"...

Tried this in safe mode as you instructed earlier...

Any other options? 

0 Kudos
Esteemed Contributor III

Did you try this? https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17588/windows-fix-problems-that-block-programs-being-instal... 

The other option is to re-install Windows 10. A clean/fresh install of the latest version.

Adept III
Adept III

kingfish

Mate, i have tried re-installing Windows 10 (Home Edition, Build 1809) & tried the Microsoft's following tools:

1. MicrosoftProgram_Install_and_Uninstall.meta

2. wushowhide

Even, hid the Windows 10's "AMD's Basic Driver Update" but still during installation either a ''Thread Stuck In Device Driver" BSOD or a warning/excalamation sign occurs in Device Manager...

Note: Moreover, after updating my computer completely, my latest Intel Graphics Driver is as follows:

pastedImage_6.png

Which AMD Driver will be best suitable/recommended  with this Intel Driver ? (Auto-detect or Offline i.e manual install in Safe Mode) 

Open for any suggestions here..

0 Kudos
Esteemed Contributor III

This is the latest/correct driver for your laptop > AMD Radeon™ R7 M265 Drivers & Support | AMD 

I would install the "AMD Basic driver" from WU

It's best to delete all stored drivers in the C: AMD folder

You must disconnect from the internet while uninstalling/installing the AMD drivers. Do not reconnect until finished and have re-booted the computer.

You must prevent Microsoft from automatically installing/changing graphics drivers using one or more of the methods described here, depending on what version of Win10 you have (Pro/Home, etc):

How to delay feature updates in Windows 10 - gHacks Tech News 

Windows 10 Help Forums 

Adept III
Adept III

Okay, after installing the 2015 original driver from AMD, should i then go to safe mode to install the new driver ?

0 Kudos