cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

mlrs
Adept III

Re: "Thread Stuck in Device Driver" BSOD loop (AMD Radeon R7 M265) !

pokester‌ thanks for assistance but still no luck. Now, i am getting "thread stuck..." BSOD repeatedly due to the amd basic driver overwriting the latest driver.

AMD is trash. 1903 is even worst.

I was always an AMD fan but now i am thinking to sell away my machine or maybe install windows 7 or 8.1 as a final experiment

0 Kudos
pokester
MVP

Sorry to hear of your continued issues. If you have a computer retail store that you can buy a new GPU, you might want to try that before abandoning your system. I would not recommend going backward with the OS. Windows 7 loses all support in January this coming year. AMD already does not support Windows 8.1 now and has not for a long time now. 

0 Kudos
mlrs
Adept III

Okay, mate, now waiting for another windows update. I hope someday Microsoft fixes this AMD driver issue.

0 Kudos
mlrs
Adept III

kingfishpokesteramdmatt

Mates, recently i came across the following articles:

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-1xx-3xx-5xx-7xx/Continuing-BSOD-crashes-with-Windows-10-... 

Continuing BSOD crashes with Windows 10 and AMD Radeon R7 M265 - Microsoft Community 

Now, i was wondering which Windows 10 build version is suited to my laptop ? Maybe something before 1703 & earlier ?? And maybe after shutting down windows update service, i get some relief ! Still missing r7 m265 catalyst gameplay!

0 Kudos
pokester
MVP

The problem with those older versions of Windows is they have or will soon lose their support with updates. Because MS is bringing out a new version every six months they are ending support on the old ones at about 18 months.  Their are some enterprise long term support versions but likely you can't get you hands on one.

I would talk to Lenovo support about what you should do.

nobleguard27
Adept I

Have you found a solution? I'm facing the same problem.

using Intel HD Graphics 5500 and AMD R5 M330.pastedImage_1.png

mlrs
Adept III

Hi nobleguard27‌, 

Brother, i tried a different approach. I installed Windows 10 Pro (1709 Build) and now my AMD basic driver (22nd June 2015) works fine but i cannot install/update any new AMD driver.

Either way, a BSOD comes up or laptop may FREEZE...

AMD needs to work this bug out, before it's too late!

nobleguard27
Adept I

Ohh still no solution. Okay! I'll be in touch on this thread. Hope we got what we deserve. Thank you bro.

kingfish
MVP

Update Intel graphics first?

Laptop graphics update...How to 

For laptops with Intel/AMD graphics: 

2. The Intel graphics drivers should be the latest offered by Intel Support.

Use their 'Driver Download Tool' to get the latest version. These must be installed before the AMD drivers.

nobleguard27
Adept I

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_1.png

lLike this?  i already tried this