cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Selixuz
Journeyman III

"System Settings Change" popup on boot

So for this past week I started to get the warning on the image as soon I started my PC and even when I reboot, it still show this pop up for no reason. I tried to reinstall radeon software and even with it uninstalled it showed up. It started on the last windows update and I have no idea why.

image_2021-08-16_012757.png

Specs:

- Athlon 200ge

- ASRock A320M-HD

- 8GB RAM

- Patriot M.2 P300 256GB

0 Likes
2 Replies
Gwillakers
Challenger

Your Coin cell battery on the Motherboard may be dying, and thus not holding the BIOS parameter settings.

Sometimes, as parts get older, or weather changes (both hot and frigid cold which bring dry air and static charges), your system might not hold the same overclock it once could, thus to come up the system sometimes will revert to more conservative settings.  But normally it tells you this.   Try a new batter first.

0 Likes

Sorry for the late reply but I wasn't able to check that before, just changed the CMOS now and the message still appear. But I found something interesting on the device manager
mmc_zhy3iGfPYl.png

It seems that after the windows update that the message started appearing it duplicated this driver and the first one is on version 2.0.1.0 and the second one is on 2.2.0.130.

Maybe this is the issue? the second one picking the wrong and the right info at the same time?

Is it safe to uninstall the 2.0.1.0?

And it seems that the CMOS was doing something because after I changed it my PC booted faster than usual.

0 Likes