cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

[Question] Where is the documentation for the ADL API?

I can't find it, months of looking, do I need to do something weird for the MAN pages or equivalent?

0 Likes
5 Replies

---------------------------
ADLException
ADL2_Overdrive8_Init_SettingX2_Get : Function not supported by the driver
at WinFormsGUI.ADL.ReadOverdrive8(UInt16 adapterIndex, Int32& caps, ADLOD8SingleInitSetting[]& settings, Int32[]& values)
at WinFormsGUI.HBM2Control.RefreshADL()
at WinFormsGUI.HBM2Control.RefreshTimings()
at WinFormsGUI.HBM2Control.ReadAndDisplay(VGAChip chip, UInt16 adapterIndex, ToolTip toolTip)
at WinFormsGUI.MainForm..ctor()
at WinFormsGUI.Program.Main()
OK

AMD Memory Tweak version 1.0.0.0 (SHA1 79D25F8DAD04E404BF558B02E2F4A8FD41C79D1B)

Windows 10 64bit (all updates)

Vega FE, as per subject. 

Adrenalin 22.5.1 Recommended (WHQL) (https://www.amd.com/en/support/professional-graphics/radeon-pro/radeon-pro-series/radeon-vega-fronti...)

I've used AMD Memory Tweak on this card with previous drivers, so why am I locked out now?

0 Likes

Ok, I've been asking around and it seems nobody has an answer. I've even submitted numerous crash reports asking, but those all seem to get ignored.

So I guess instead of asking pointless questions I need to actually fix the damned thing myself. Neato. So I'm going to have to learn the AMD Display Library and fork the AMD Memory Tweak tool on github then implement what I can only guess are changes to the ADL that make the tool nonfunctional.

Since nobody wants to acknowledge my inquiries.

0 Likes

I tagged  AMD Moderator @fsadough  who specializes in Professional GPU cards like yours. You probably going to need to wait until next week before he answers.

He will need to know your complete Computer information most likely though.

0 Likes

if it is downloaded from GitHub please proceed with the support process within GitHub. 

0 Likes

The solution I came up with was to copy the files from the working adrenaline driver into the folder with the tweak tool. It has problems but such is life owning an AMD GPU.

I'll be more direct with my inquiry next time and not provide context that might confuse low effort “moderators.”

0 Likes