Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

vegsyo
Journeyman III

Question Stuttering and crashing.

Hi

So ive built my first pc ever but there is a problem every time i run a game it stutter so i checked amd adrenaline program and something was wrong my gpu utilization was jumping from 0 to 100 and back down so when for example play gta v it stops for maybe 10 sec then my framrate goes back up and i can play normally som places in gta v cause frame drop and sometimes as i said it stops completely like the image stops i can still hear the radio and what not but the image is frozen btw its not only in gta happens in arma 3 and hitman etc.
i looked around the internet for solutions and tried everything but somebody said run latency so i did and this came up

One more thing i thought it was a problem from my gpu so i overclocked it in amd adrenaline it ran ok but there was patches in the screen like it didnt load parts of the imag then BSOD.
BSOD happend one time but the patches happend 3 times i believe

Your system seems to be having difficulty handling real-time audio and other tasks. You may experience drop outs, clicks or pops due to buffer underruns. One or more DPC routines that belong to a driver running in your system appear to be executing for too long. One problem may be related to power management, disable CPU throttling settings in Control Panel and BIOS setup. Check for BIOS updates.
LatencyMon has been analyzing your system for 0:02:17 (hss) on all processors.

Specs:
R3 2200g
B450m
1 x 8gb hyperx 3000mhz i belive not sure about the speed tho
sapphire Rx 580 8 gb
Win 10 pro n
corsair Cx 550m
i hope i didnt forget anything.

0 Likes
5 Replies
birchyboy
Adept I

That's a shame for your first build.  I've done maybe 20 and you always get problems, whereas if you buy a ready-made one the problems have been sorted for you, but the setup often isn't what you'd like.  That's why I build my own.

I find that Adrenaline really screws up performance and Instant GIF seems to be the problem.  I uninstalled it and everything works fine again. A shame really, Adrenaline has some very useful functions, like streaming and Instant Replay. 

Try uninstalling Adrenaline and reinstall, without using the Gaming option in setup. 

------------------------
MoBo: Asus Prime X299-A. Processor: Water-cooled Intel i7-7800X, hexacore, 22% overclock. Memory: 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX. Graphics card: Gigabyte Radeon RX580, 8Gb. OS SSD: Western Digital Blue SN550 500GB M.2 PCIe NVMe mounted on Asus Hyper M.2 X16 PCIe card. Antivirus and web security Norton 360, with VPN.
------------------------

0 Likes

@vegsyo wrote:

Hi

So ive built my first pc ever but there is a problem every time i run a game it stutter so i checked amd adrenaline program and something was wrong my gpu utilization was jumping from 0 to 100 and back down so when for example play gta v it stops for maybe 10 sec then my framrate goes back up and i can play normally som places in gta v cause frame drop and sometimes as i said it stops completely like the image stops i can still hear the radio and what not but the image is frozen btw its not only in gta happens in arma 3 and hitman etc.
i looked around the internet for solutions and tried everything but somebody said run latency so i did and this came up

One more thing i thought it was a problem from my gpu so i overclocked it in amd adrenaline it ran ok but there was patches in the screen like it didnt load parts of the imag then BSOD.
BSOD happend one time but the patches happend 3 times i believe

Your system seems to be having difficulty handling real-time audio and other tasks. You may experience drop outs, clicks or pops due to buffer underruns. One or more DPC routines that belong to a driver running in your system appear to be executing for too long. One problem may be related to power management, disable CPU throttling settings in Control Panel and BIOS setup. Check for BIOS updates.
LatencyMon has been analyzing your system for 0:02:17 (hss) on all processors.

Specs:
R3 2200g
B450m
1 x 8gb hyperx 3000mhz i belive not sure about the speed tho
sapphire Rx 580 8 gb
Win 10 pro n
corsair Cx 550m
i hope i didnt forget anything.

Hi, sorry to hear about your troubles. I think we can get you sorted.

Common Polaris issue do the following:

In Radeon Settings go to the performance tab, tuning tab, and near the bottom find the "Power Limit" Slider.

Move that slider all the way to the right to its maximum of 25-50 on that card.

Then go to your fan settings and switch to manual. You want to move those dots to have them run at 100 from 70 degrees on up.

If that helps you can experiment with back off that fan curve a bit if it is too loud.

https://community.amd.com/t5/blogs/performance-tuning-with-radeon-software-adrenalin-2020-edition/ba...

Good Luck!

0 Likes

@pokester wrote:

Hi, sorry to hear about your troubles. I think we can get you sorted.

Common Polaris issue do the following:

In Radeon Settings go to the performance tab, tuning tab, and near the bottom find the "Power Limit" Slider.

Move that slider all the way to the right to its maximum of 25-50 on that card.

Then go to your fan settings and switch to manual. You want to move those dots to have them run at 100 from 70 degrees on up.

If that helps you can experiment with back off that fan curve a bit if it is too loud.

https://community.amd.com/t5/blogs/performance-tuning-with-radeon-software-adrenalin-2020-edition/ba...

Good Luck!

Thanks for the reply, but were you helping vegsyo or me?  I don't have a problem at the moment - reinstalled Adrenaline & customised my options.  The RX580 seems to have no problem with the games - no B/GSOD and lowest fps of 54.9 and the highest a ridiculous 392.6fps . 

My problem was the Radeon overlay which kept popping up every two seconds throughout any and all of my games and screwed the frame rate.  Reinstalled, disabled Instant GIF, and all is fine.

0 Likes

I was responding to the OP this new forum unless you add the quote is very confusing as to whom you are talking to as it adds it to the end of the thread instead of end of the post you answer. I edited to add the quote thanks. 

0 Likes

pokester,

Very good - I wasn't too sure, but thanks for confirming it. 

I don't know if he's seen your reply yet though  ;-)

0 Likes