cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

baszczer
Adept III

Question about forum design

Wouldn't it be more convenient to browse the forum if there were separate sections for supported systems?

If I'm having problems with Ubuntu, I go to the Linux section and there I select the Ubuntu subsection, if I'm using Windows I go to the section that deals with Windows problems (as it is on the driver download page).

I look at the forum often and when I see this mess of mixed up titles I feel uncomfortable.

If I want to help someone I have to search for posts using the search engine. it's a bit awkward.

0 Likes
2 Replies

Actually, in my opinion, that is a good suggestion but since AMD moved to the new format it is best if AMD first gets all the kinks out before adding any new features to the format.

I guess AMD can have one general Linux OS forum if there is enough demand to add something like that. But from what I have seen since I have been a member of AMD Forums the majority of Users use Windows OS with a sprinkling of Linux OS Users.

Besides there are many Linux Forums that have specific AMD hardware sections like Phoronix.com as an example.

0 Likes

"Besides there are many Linux Forums that have specific AMD hardware sections like Phoronix.com as an example."

Yes, there are other forums, do amd staff post on them?

0 Likes