cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

lariekoek
Journeyman III

QuadFire R9 295x2 - How to unleash the beast?

OS

Windows 10 64-bit

PSU

Corsair HX1200i

CPU

i7 2600K @ 3.40GHz

RAM

4 x 4GB Dual-Channel DDR3

MoBo

ASUSTaK P8Z68-V LX

GPU

2 x R9 295x2 (BIOS Version 015.044.000.009)

Installed Software

MSI afterburner (Version 4.4.2)

AMD Radeon settings (Version 2017.0922.1659.28737)

OpenGL (Version 6.14.10.13506)

So I recently installed two R9 295x2 GPU's in my system, and individually they are running great. But I can't help but feeling they aren't running at their full potential...

I was wondering if there are any settings, extra drivers, software, ... I can change or install to fully unlock these beasts?

For starters, I can't find the option to enable/disable CrossFire for the cards in the Radeon settings program..

Please tell me if I forgot some relevant info for you to help me.

Any help/feedback would be much appreciated!!

0 Likes
2 Replies

Re: QuadFire R9 295x2 - How to unleash the beast?

If it shows one primary and three linked adapters, then it is working as it should, but as games vary in their multiple GPU performance from 0 to near 100%, and never scale linearly to 400%, the amount of performance increase in games will vary.

0 Likes
lariekoek
Journeyman III

Re: QuadFire R9 295x2 - How to unleash the beast?

Not home atm so I can't check, but I don't think it shows up like you say.

Additional problem since yesterday: one card keeps disconnecting, resulting in system freeze. Happens independed of graphical load at that moment. Have to hard-reboot and most of the time the systems sees only one card after the reboot. After fiddling around a bit with the pcie power connectors and some reboots, the system sees both cards again, only to lose the same one again after random time (going from 5 minuter after booting, to 2 hours after boot).

Swapping the cards with each other gives same result with the same card... 😕

0 Likes