cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

jefff73
Adept II

Re: Purple-ish desktop screen after clean-installing the newest 19.5.2 drivers

Microsoft should automatically detect the drivers in need on your system just after you log into your desktop. It should automatically install any missing drivers. If it doesn't then you can go to Start Menu and there will be a Gear looking Icon. Click that brings you to System Settings Window pops up. At the bottom of System Settings is Update & Security click that then click on Check for Updates will check for updates and should automatically install any drivers needed

0 Likes
witekrolka
Adept I

Running 19.6.1 on W10 1903 and i get rand green/pale screens and the way I get rid of it is to log off and log back in. Haven't had to reboot the system to fix it thus far.

0 Likes
lefteris
Adept II

i have the same problem with driver 19.6.1 purple screen/and radeon settings not opened

0 Likes
codexllll
Adept II

Hi, for what it's worth I'm also getting this (or at least I think it's the same issue) with 19.6.1 except for me it is red, not purple. I wanted to post this because for me, CTRL-ALT-Shift-B fixes the issue without rebooting, try it out maybe it avoids a reboot.

CTRL-ALT-Shift-B is a windows keyboard shortcut that resets the graphics driver stack. It's useful sometimes.

0 Likes
gabriel02v
Adept I

I also confirm that the purple screen is present on RX 460 on Windows 10 1903 and windows 7 SP1 with 19.5.2 and 19.6.1 drivers.  I got all the colors: purple, blue, yellow and redish tinted screen on DVI and HDMI connections.

On windows 10, the only way to make it revert to normal is to install the drivers from windows update, which have the version 17.1.1, basically more than 2 years old, which it is not okay...

I tested also on Ubuntu 18.04 LTS and were no purple tinted screen problems.

pokester
MVP

Make sure you are all reporting this to AMD, the more complaints they get the more they realize it is a widespread problem and look into their drivers. Report it here: Support Ticket Process | AMD 

edmondvonersung
Adept III

I reported many bugs for years to AMD and they never ever fixed anything...

doncor7
Adept I

Same Problem here20190618_074304.jpg

AMD Ryzen 5 2600X; MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon MAX WIFI; Sapphire NITRO plus RX 590 8G; 16Gb DDR4 G.Skill Trident Z 3200GHz CL14; Seasonic Focus-GX-750W 80 Gold Plus; LG 27GL650F UltraGear 144 Hz FHD; Windows 11 Pro x64; Kingston KC2500 M2; Crucial MX500; WD Blue - 1T 2x.
pokester
MVP

That is unfortunate. My experience with there drivers this past year and a half has been lackluster but they have most certainly addressed and fixed a good number of issues but many remain. Historically they have done a good job IMHO. I hope the current situation returns to that on the graphics side. I think the company was focusing almost completely on the CPU side and is beginning to give the graphics side a bit more attention again. Time will tell. I hope your experience improves. I can only tell you, that you almost never get anything if you don't ask. 

alleyviper
Elite

I've already reported. I just lost the motivation to report it again on every faulty driver release (ever since 1903 and 19.4.x drivers) because they should already know about it. Still, It'd help to move priority up if every affected user reported it at least once. The drop on DVI support for newer cards surely isn't helping.

IME, most user reported problems are solved way faster when a rep comes across one of these threads and forwards it to the team. I can't count how many times I've sent reports about the CGN 1.0 UVD bug in the past, while after a quick exchange of messages with a rep in one of these threads two other problems were solved promptly.