cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

christiang
Adept III

PULSE 5700 Finally, stable system after many months... or not.

After many months of black screens, system instability, crashes, blue screens and reboots.
The system has become stable again with 20.5.1+ Win 2004+ WINDOWS QUICK START DISABLED + Freesync off + all Radeon options off.

As I said 1000 times, it was not because of the power supply or any of my hardware.
I suppose that with the next driver the problems will return? I hope not...
The fan curve is default, and ALL AMD SERVICES DEACTIVATED WITH CCLEANER.
I hope it helps someone
EDIT: It seemed that this was the good one ... Well no, the problem has returned .... At AMD they are geniuses and they have invented biodegradable AMD drivers. Processing the RMA. I hope they pay me back and I can buy an NVIDIA. I will never buy anything from these scammers again.
8 Replies
accn
Elite

AMD advertises its products by announcing cool new features in its drivers, but in order for the product to work stably, the user must turn them off? By the way, are you using a clean installation of 2004 build? I just reinstalled windows not long before the May update, and I still have a problem with black screens and crashes

0 Likes

I installed Windows 10 v 2004 clean as I had a new SSD to work with. 20.5.1 works with Vega and Polaris fine.

A friend with a RX 5700 XT also does not have problems

0 Likes

Yesterday finally - I managed to change my graphics card in the store to Rtx 2080 super with the second attempt. Everything works at once, as it should, with all technologies without dancing with a tambourine. In addition, the staff at the service center told me that the number of returned models 5000 series warranty is very large and obviously the problem is massive. I am very disappointed amd, they had a whole year after the release to do fix all problems. Why should I become a beta tester when I buy a new video card for money?

I have had all the problems .... Green, black, blue screens .... Restarts, stutters.

In the forum (the admins) always say that the problem is the PSU (I have 850 gold), etc ... Obviously not, the problem is the drivers.
I hope they don't come back. I have been without them for three days.

0 Likes

christiang wrote:

I have had all the problems .... Green, black, blue screens .... Restarts, stutters.

In the forum (the admins) always say that the problem is the PSU (I have 850 gold), etc ... Obviously not, the problem is the drivers.
I hope they don't come back. I have been without them for three days.

I have recommended a clean install of windows many times as it seems to cure problems fast

most of the time components mess up windows as games are bad for bugs etc

0 Likes

I did not use clean installation. What I did use is the command "sfc scannow" and "DISM.exe / Online / Cleanup-image / Restorehealth"
Although all my files were fine ...

I hope I can help, ask what you need ... I am very angry with AMD. It is not worth our money.

devilzzz
Adept II

I don't know if this will help with my particular issue but I see what you did.  I wonder if it appears as similar in Windows 7 64 bit as I have no made the move up to Windows 10.

0 Likes
landolf
Adept I

I had a similar problem with a new build, sometimes there was still sound, but mostly it was just both screens turning black and an instant reboot.

After changing GPU for another custom 5700 xt, changing PSU to a 750 platinum and every tweak I could find (2 different PCIe-cables for GPU, set PCIe-slot to 3rd gen, since I use a x570 board, updated Windows, GPU drivers, reinstall drivers without setting any profile when installing, installing 5 different older GPU drivers and many more), I contacted AMD and told them what my problem was. 

For me, the solution was to change my memory. I have the 3800 xt which safely supports up to 3200 MHz, I was using 3600 MHz memory. After changing it in my bios to 3200 MHz, it was stable and the crashes were gone. I then changed to a 2x8 GB cl14 G.Skill Flare X, single rank (F4-3200C14D-16GFX) kit, got the timings a little tighter 14-14-13-28, so it was still safe according to DRAM Calculator for Ryzen. I even overclocked the GPU a little now, haven't had any problems since.

I hope that helps!

0 Likes