Drivers & Software

Re: Provide AMD Sensor Fusion Hub driver for Linux kernel

Hi any updates about this issue?

0 Kudos
finalzone
Adept II
Adept II

AMD Sensor Fusion HUB codes for the kernel is yet to land on the kernel mainline due  to review. AMD team are currently working on the fixes needed to address.

Re: [PATCH v5 0/4] SFH: Add Support for AMD Sensor Fusion Hub - Andy Shevchenko 

Thank you, this will help a lot of users with AMD laptops.

0 Kudos
finalzone
Adept II
Adept II

AMD Sensor Fusion HUB support finally landed on Linux mainline kernel for the 5.11 release. Kudos to AMD team and Linux kernel reviewers for making it possible.

0 Kudos
gnu
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

I'm running the Linux 5.11-rc3 kernel in a Lenovo IdeaPad Flex 5 14" with a Ryzen 5 4500U.  The SFH is visible and the accelerometer behind it is also visible.  But running monitor-sensor just says:

Waiting for iio-sensor-proxy to appear
+++ iio-sensor-proxy appeared
=== Has accelerometer (orientation: undefined)
=== No ambient light sensor

No matter how I move the laptop, or bend the screen hinge, the accelerometer output never changes.  Besides the existing kernel changes, there is some other change needed to allow the HID subsystem to see orientation changes and notify the window system.  I have already updated the udev hwdb for this accelerometer.  I've seen in examples from other accelerometers that monitor-sensor is supposed to produce more lines of output, saying the screen is upside-down or sideways, but that never happens.  Meanwhile, when I bend the screen all the way back into tablet mode, the BIOS is apparently disabling the keyboard and trackpad (and briefly displaying a picture on the screen about that), so the accel  or some other sensor is apparently working at least as far as the BIOS is concerned.

It would be a shame if these SFH changes Finally got into the mainline linux kernel and still didn't work to enable screen rotation to be noticed by the software!  Help!     -- gnu@amd-community.toad.com

0 Kudos
finalzone
Adept II
Adept II

"=== Has accelerometer (orientation: undefined)" shows the accelerometer has an issue. Try to reboot your laptop by holding the power button for ten seconds. Once done, you will be able to get similar result below:

monitor-sensor
Waiting for iio-sensor-proxy to appear
+++ iio-sensor-proxy appeared
=== Has accelerometer (orientation: left-up)
=== No ambient light sensor
=== No proximity sensor
Accelerometer orientation changed: bottom-up
Accelerometer orientation changed: left-up
Accelerometer orientation changed: normal
Accelerometer orientation changed: right-up
Accelerometer orientation changed: left-up

0 Kudos
quota_atypique
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Hej!

I have an ASUS Vivobook Flip working on a AMD Ryzen 3 4300U. I'm really happy with the device, which works perfectly well on Linux, except : this accelerometer issue.

I got help, and we tested a backport of the driver recently added to the kernel and it does not work. Unfortunately, it's a known issue: there is no support for Renoir devices (like mine). This driver apparently only works with Ryzen 3xxx and not further. The Linux community is waiting for information from AMD: "AMD needs to provide us with an appropriate report descriptor for the accelerometer used on Renoir devices".

It would be cool not waiting 2 more years to get the support for the recent CPUs :\

0 Kudos
finalzone
Adept II
Adept II

Shame the newer mobile Ryzen APUs lack support which showed AMD needs work to include them ideally at their release.

One of Linux kernel developers currently on a patch to improve the performance of accelerometer. So far sensors is working fine on an HP Envy x360 Ryzen 5 2500U and needs tablet mode fixed.

0 Kudos
nekej
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

I am a digital marketer I have a basic website  you can check my website and I am sure your problem will be solved.

0 Kudos