cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

micheledc
Journeyman III

Problems with video card

Hi, I have a HP pavilion 15-n078sl with Windows 10 64-bit with two video cards Dual AMD Radeon HD 8330 / 8670M GPU (1 GB of DDR3 dedicated) The problem is that i have updating the video card drivers through AMD installation program with  a version dated 31/1/2018 and with these updates, the pointer starts to go jerkily , as well as the loading bars. If instead one of the two video cards is disabled, the pointer returns to be fluid (but obviously to the detriment of an HDMI connection). On the other hand, if I install the drivers on the HP site, the cards will be returned to work but are not updated (in the sense that the drivers are dated 21/11/2016). Obviously I have already tried to perform a clean installation of the drivers and then to system recovery, but the problem persists. I have also tried to update the BIOS itself, but the problem is not solved. How can I solve?

0 Likes
1 Solution

It is always recommended that laptops use Manufacturers versions of the drivers, as they are often very customized. The AMD drivers, are Vanilla and would lack any custom changes.

When you installed the drivers there are some guide lines that help with getting it right (your manufacturer may have additional instructions). It can be very important to do everything as recommended. See this guide: Laptop graphics update...How to

Worth noting too, you will want to make sure all the other drivers are current, bios/firmware for system are the latest and all OS updates are installed. Doing this really increases the odds of success.

If you continue to have issue, you may certainly ask here still, but your manufacturer is the expert on that machine. You can certainly ask question to them or any forums they might have too. It is almost always faster to get answers from people with the exact same hardware.

If your manufacturer isn't updating the drivers as AMD releases the reference drivers, then you should let HP know that isn't satisfactory. They need to support the product well after the sale. This seems to be a sad trend these days with many computer makers.

I've seen this mouse issue talked about on here before, you might search. It might have some good advice. I can't dig too deep right now.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

It is always recommended that laptops use Manufacturers versions of the drivers, as they are often very customized. The AMD drivers, are Vanilla and would lack any custom changes.

When you installed the drivers there are some guide lines that help with getting it right (your manufacturer may have additional instructions). It can be very important to do everything as recommended. See this guide: Laptop graphics update...How to

Worth noting too, you will want to make sure all the other drivers are current, bios/firmware for system are the latest and all OS updates are installed. Doing this really increases the odds of success.

If you continue to have issue, you may certainly ask here still, but your manufacturer is the expert on that machine. You can certainly ask question to them or any forums they might have too. It is almost always faster to get answers from people with the exact same hardware.

If your manufacturer isn't updating the drivers as AMD releases the reference drivers, then you should let HP know that isn't satisfactory. They need to support the product well after the sale. This seems to be a sad trend these days with many computer makers.

I've seen this mouse issue talked about on here before, you might search. It might have some good advice. I can't dig too deep right now.