cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

en3rgy-x
Adept I

Problems with Software Update

This morning I was updating my RX 480, but when I went to update the Driver, the following message appeared:

Radeon Software 18.12.3 has been partially installed. Error 1603 - A general error has occurred during the installation of the AMD software package.

Can someone from AMD support me help?
Thank you.
0 Likes
1 Solution
norbie
Adept I

Hi,

I believe that a certain combination of Windows Version and Adrenalin software, can cause a change in the Windows registry. I really don't know if a Windows update or the AMD software does it.

I take it, that your OS is Windows 10?

Check this post, towards the end Any solutions to the err 1603 problem after Windows 10 update and AMD Adrenalin driver package?

If you don't mind to perform this, it might even fix the problem. You may want to create a restore point before going ahead.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
norbie
Adept I

Hi,

I believe that a certain combination of Windows Version and Adrenalin software, can cause a change in the Windows registry. I really don't know if a Windows update or the AMD software does it.

I take it, that your OS is Windows 10?

Check this post, towards the end Any solutions to the err 1603 problem after Windows 10 update and AMD Adrenalin driver package?

If you don't mind to perform this, it might even fix the problem. You may want to create a restore point before going ahead.

0 Likes