cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

fight_for_food
Journeyman III

Problems with graphics on rx 5700 xt (shadows, reflections, and others)

I bought a new Gigabyte rx 5700 xt. After installation card and drivers I was confused: in all games,  which a have try to launch, were some issues. Sometimes there was a wrong shadows (like in Hellblade), or reflections (like in Control), as well strange painting of hair (white contour near the playable character). Once i have watched a strange effect: big black line was slowly drawn around unit characters in the cutscene.
Sometime my computer is freezing, when game launched(black screen, with or without game sound). Only pc rebooting helps with it.
What i tried to do:
- Delete al previous drivers from Nvidia (to start)
- Install AMD video drivers with different versions: 19.12.2, 20.1.3 and 20.2.1. All of them have the same problem to me.
- Refresh chipset driver on motherboard
- Reinstall Windows
Card doesn't heat more then 73` C. I don't overclocked it or undervolt or something like this.
I launch games with different settings:
from low to ultra (in game), with or without amd radeon software graphics preset. Same effect.
A have a feeling, that there is no pixel intepolation, then image is building for the frame. Sometimes i notice, that image look like it's granular.
Previous videocard is GTX 1050, and there is no any problems like this.

My PC configuration:
Videocard: GIGABYTE Radeon RX 5700 XT Gaming OC
Motherboard: Asus Prime x370
Processor: Ryzen 1600

Power supply: Cooler Master MasterWatt Lite 700
Memory: Corsair CMK16GX4M2A2400C16, 2x8 gb,
Windows on SSD: PLEXTOR 2.5" M7V 128 gb,
Games on SSD: INTEL M.2 2280 660p Series 

0 Likes
2 Replies
jasonk679288
Adept I

Everyone is having problems with these 5700XT's.  I have the same card from gigabyte.  Their support was useless as well as AMD's.  Mine has been constant game crashes.  In the 2020 drivers the driver simply crashes and freezes the game.  The 2019 drivers restart my computer mid game.  AMD has no solutions except for turn off hardware acceleration, turn of virus protection, turn off enhanced sync.  Run a clean boot and reinstall drivers.  Use their uninstall utility to remove old drivers then reinstall with the factory reset checked under the advanced install options.  

I have tried everything but nothing has worked.  Maybe you will have better luck.  I have even tried the Aorus engine software from gigabyte instead of the radeon software and didn't have any luck.  My old Nvidia works just fine though.

Is that gpu temp or junction temp? and how is the vram temps? also is the vram at idle 200mhz? This card needs a slight undervolt seeing higher scores in 3dmark 10k ave and +10-20 fps during gaming. 

Looking at the pics they seem like funky artifacting or corrupted shadows.

0 Likes