Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

biggsy
Journeyman III

Problems with graphics drivers/radoen settings

Hi,

I recently decided to update my laptop graphic drivers using auto-detect (which I now know was a mistake) and the result of this was that I couldn't access the radeon settings anymore, as it came up with the No AMD graphics driver is installed message. After some searching I tried out the steps on this as well as some others:

Fix error: No AMD Graphics driver is installed - Driver Easy

But the problem remains. After this I found that my games were suffering from alot of performance problems, generally very low fps. Since then I have tried several clean uninstalls using DDU and installing various drivers, old and new, and still nothing. Performance issues could be because of something I did when trying to fix the issue or the issue itself, but I don't know since I didn't try any of the games before that.

My computer is a bit obscure:

HP Pavilion 15-ab052ng notebook

AMD A10 Extreme Edition Radeon R8, 64 bit

Graphics card is a dual one, with a AMD Radoen R7 M360 (which doesnt seem to exist on the AMD manually select your driver options)

The driver I have been using is this one:

Mobile

But Im really not sure it is right, which is probably the most likely issue. There has also been a thing where the screen would go black briefly and the windows nofication sound would play, the screen would go back but be darkened and as message would appear saying there has been a software change and to reboot (which does nothing).

Thanks for your help

0 Kudos
10 Replies
_nl_ben
Adept I

Re: Problems with graphics drivers/radoen settings

Sorry, that page doesn't tell me exactly which driver you're using The one I *think* you should have (but I'm not 100% sure) is the one for the A10-8700 series (APU - Mobile APU - A10-8700 APU - Windows 10 64-bit)

0 Kudos
biggsy
Journeyman III

That sounds right, is there a way to check?

0 Kudos
kingfish
MVP

Assuming you have Win10, these are the correct drivers for your laptop...this is the only driver you install > APU

Laptop graphics update...How to

0 Kudos
_nl_ben
Adept I

You can always download it and then start the install program till shortly before the install itself starts - it ought to check whether you have the correct driver at that point from what I remember. Highly recommend to create an system restore beforehand though, in case I am wrong 😕

0 Kudos
biggsy
Journeyman III

I've done this but the problem remains. My computer is also windows 10. I wonder if there might be an problem with my graphics card and not the drivers.

0 Kudos
biggsy
Journeyman III

So after a bit of testing it turns out that the performance issue is probably down to the fact that it is using the wrong graphics card for the dual graphics stuff. I presume this is because it reset after uninstalled all the AMD software. This doesn't really solve the problem though, as I can't get into the AMD settings to change it. Is there anyway around this or any other ways to get this radeon settings working again.

0 Kudos
biggsy
Journeyman III

I just decided to try updating via the device manager and it gave me R8 M365X drivers. These are using the right graphics card, and some problems like missing graphics on the battlenet launcher are fixed. But the games are still as slow as ever, possibly even worse. I really have no idea anymore.

0 Kudos
biggsy
Journeyman III

So I have sort of fixed the issue. By installing these more outdated settings AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 15.11.1 Update the issues have gone away. It is kinda outdated and when I tried to update the issue's just returned. I don't really care to much though, just happy to have my laptop working again. Thanks for trying to help.

0 Kudos
y-shak
Adept I

those are broken.. All R series cards with amd apu are not working when istalling the newer version drivers

0 Kudos