cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

fflushrm1990
Journeyman III

Problems with AMD R9 280x

Hi! I contact you because I don't know how to solve this problem.

I bought this graphic card on 2014 and it gave me a perfect experience during this time.

The problem is that I had the 18.5.1 driver version and I updated it to 18.8.1 two days ago. I play World of Warcraft almost every time and I haven't had any problems until I updated to that driver version.

When you are playing a videogame, the screens suddenly turn to black and the computer doesn't answer anymore. I've to shutdown it with the button (don't know how to say it in english).

It happens with every game. I've tried to downgrade to version 18.5.1 or remove the driver completely and the same thing happened.

Can someone help me?

Thank you so much

9 Replies
shadowflare
Journeyman III

Literaly the same problem but im with r9 390.Im lost like you,no idea what to do with this problem.

0 Likes
shadow07
Adept III

Try 18.7.1 or 18.4.2

0 Likes
georges
Challenger

Do you ever use DDU ​ to make a clean install of a driver?

0 Likes

I used DDU but still same problem.

0 Likes

You can submit an Issue Report or if you need 2 way support a Support ticket. You can find links on the Contact and Driver download page and in Radeon Settings. Make sure you file an issue report for each new driver you try that it still doesn't work. All you can do is return to a known working driver. There is really never any reason to replace a working driver. You don't have to update unless you have an issue that the new driver corrects. When it comes to drivers the saying "if it isn't broken don't fix it", applies very well.

0 Likes

Man please AMD never respond to those ticket or any Tickets!!!

0 Likes

Maybe true, (don't I know from experience myself) it is however THE ONLY WAY YOU HAVE TO CONTACT THEM. These forums are USER to USER only. Not AMD here, they won't know what you write here. This is all explained in the links in the forum headers.

0 Likes

AMD Graphic Driver are sucks recently.

shadow07
Adept III

Use DDU only in Safe Mode!!! And prior to uninstall Driver just make sure Ethernet/Wireless Network Card is disable, that way Window will not able to install Driver automatically. Enable Network Card after you install the Driver, and make sure create a Window restore point First.