cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

ranaeha
Journeyman III

Problems with amd driver version 22.11.2

I built my first pc barely a month ago and the main issue i had was updating my gpu driver, which is a radeon rx 580 series. When installing this version, it caused my computer to indefinitely black screen, as if it simply wasnt compatible with my computer? the only way i could fix this was by repairing and NOT trying to install this driver update again. I haven't been able to find any information or anyone having the same issue as me, and I don't know what the problem could be. Is it something with bios? Is my gpu simply too outdated? Is it my cpu? My monitor? I have zero idea, and no prior experience for pc building before this. I've been using the 22.5.1 version since its the only other option on the amd website and it works fine, but i still wonder what the problem is. I remember there being a "auto" option for the drivers but it always said "not found" when i tried it, which initially led me to downloading 22.11.2 in the first place. Does anyone know anything about this?

Extra info (unsure what else i should provide):

cpu, ryzen 7 5800x gpu, radeon rx 580 series, motherboard nzxt n7 b550 os, windows 10

0 Likes
0 Replies