cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

schlicht
Journeyman III

Problems in OpenGL Applications?

I have an AMD RX 5700 XT Red Devil from PowerColor and I am experiencing issues with the latest radeon drivers 19.12.2 and 19.12.3 in OpenGL applications like Minecraft (at least I think it is due to OpenGL I am not sure but it should not be a hardware problem. It could also be because of the high frame rates idk).

If I don´t choose "overwrite application" on the Anti-Alaising option in the radeon driver (19.12.2 and .3) I get wierd white stripes all over my screen when playing minecraft (only in fullscreen mode). I heard from other people having the same issue.

In other games like Red Dead Redemtion 2 the GPU performs really good and I don´t have such issues.

Previously I had this issue all the time when playing in 1.14.3 and 1.8.9 (only versions I tested). Now in Version 1.14.3

(driver version 19.12.3) I only have it when looking in the inventory and in the main menu but only when I move my cursor around. In Minecraft 1.8.9 I still have this issue constantly doesn´t matter if I am in the main menu or walking around in a world.

I attempted to record a video to show you my issue but my recording program was not able to record the wierd white stripes.

Maybe I sould notice that I am using FreeSync but even with FreeSync off I had the wierd stripes. Also the stripes apper suddenly and are gone as fast as they appeared.

Another problem:

GTA 5 is running veary "unsmooth" (with low frame rates) when I am using a controller (Xbox One). I tried it via Bluetooth and via cable but in both cases I had lags. If I don´t use a Controller the game is running just fine with 70 - 120 FPS. I dind´t found anyone else having this issue yet.

UPDATE: I fixed the controller issue it had nothing to do with amd´s drivers. But sometimes I have micro lags in GTA 5 when V-sync is turned off. They are pretty rare but they are there.

11.01.20 UPDATE 2: still having this issue in the radeon software version 20.1.1 

I apologize in advance for spelling and grammatical errors.

0 Likes
5 Replies

look for some game updates as these new titles are still kind of buggy

0 Likes

I don´t have problems with newer games they run really smooth (for example Red Dead Redemtion 2) on the rx 5700xt. It´s only that I have these white bars in Minecraft and some small issues in GTA V.

0 Likes

GTA5 has been problematic with both Radeon and GeForce cards. Rockstar has patched the game and it is not as flakey as it used to be but they are working on figuring it out. This is a game issue not driver related 

Minecraft has been focused more with GeForce RTX lately so I suspect it is not working as well on Radeon cards anymore.

0 Likes

You probably got a point there. I figured out that my problem in Minecraft is related to the refresh rate when I lock my FPS to 60 I have no white bars appearing on my screen. But I didn´t bought a 144hz monitor to play games at 60FPS :/

0 Likes

schlicht wrote:

You probably got a point there. I figured out that my problem in Minecraft is related to the refresh rate when I lock my FPS to 60 I have no white bars appearing on my screen. But I didn´t bought a 144hz monitor to play games at 60FPS :/

high refresh monitors are recent so a lot of older games never were much good with them

in game vsync can help to some extent but the high refresh monitors are more hype than substance

0 Likes