cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

makkara
Adept II

Problems i have with Adrenaline 2020 (Overlay, Fan, Voltage reset)

My system:

3700x

Sapphire pulse 5700 XT

Win 10 1903

AOC AG322QCX (32", 144 Hz, VA, Samsung panel, Freesync 1)

Settings:

• Freesync = ON
  • Image sharpening = ON
  • Other = OFF

- Problem 1:

Radeon software overlay wont work when game is started (red mark top left is missing). When trying to use the "instant replay" feature with hotkey, pop up appears saying the feature is off (its enabled in settings).

Temp solution:

Play game in fullscreen not windowed fullscreen.

or

Try to save replay -> tab out of the game -> tab back into the game -> overlay mark has appeared and replay recording works.

This was tested on game "Crossout" (DX11, Steam).

- Problem 2:

After getting the overlay to work the monitor now flickers constantly. Before without the overlay the monitor was stable. In-game the FPS is capped at 120 and does not go down. The monitor flickers even when the game image is not moving. Flicker frequency is about 3-5 Hz. By flicker i mean brightness of the screen goes down by small amount and goes back up.

Temp solution:

• Dont use Freesync
  • Dont "fix" the overlay
  • Use previous 2019 driver

- Problem 3: GPU Fan Tuning problems

- Problem 4: GPU performance tuning voltage setting reset after reboot. I set it to 1.1 V reboot and now its 1.2 V. Other tuning settings stay same like frequency and fan curve, only the voltage resets. Starts resetting again if computer crashes and after that it resets even if it dosnt crash.

Possible fix: Change some value and apply settings, then load your profile / settings, maybe even reboot after.

0 Likes
6 Replies
makkara
Adept II

19.12.3 Fixed flickering

0 Likes

Hi,

it does not flicker in 19.12.3 but goes away after a while the overlay, e.g in FIFA 20, RDR2, AOC Odyssey 

0 Likes
makkara
Adept II

20.1.1 Not fixed

0 Likes
makkara
Adept II

20.1.2 Not fixed

0 Likes
makkara
Adept II

20.1.3 Not fixed