Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

kingfish
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator

Re: Problem with Radeon R9 295X2 and 20.3.1 drivers

Don't you have the "ADD" function? Where you browse to the game exe file? That adds it.

obeleex
Adept I

I can not thank you enough for the help.

I will try wiping the drivers and installing the hybrid once again. Maybe I have missed something the first time.

obeleex
Adept I

Ok so I uninstalled drivers with DDU. Installed 19.12.1 and the profiles were there.

So I updated the drivers via device manager and the profiles are still there.

I must have missed something before.

Still there is no profile for Kingdom Come but maybe one of the Crysis profiles will work hence it is Cryengine.

Nevertheless thank you very much for your help. Thanks to you I have the new drivers and crossfire profiles for other games.

obeleex
Adept I

I made some tests and crossfire does work for the games with a profile e.g. Max Payne 3.

But somehow in Kingdom Come no matter what option I choose the second card stays at 0% load.

I managed to get some reaction from the second card in Kingdom Come on 19.10.1 driver with one of the AFR options.

colesdav
MVP

Hi,

I just removed an R9 Fury X from an I7-4770K PC, fitted the Radeon Pro Duo booted up and turned on AMD Crossfire for the Radeon Pro DUO (Fiji).

Here is what I see initially.

pastedImage_2.png

pastedImage_5.png

pastedImage_6.png

It is blank. No Crossfire Profiles.

Version = 19.10.1

pastedImage_7.png

I should really have DDU to remove the driver and install fresh ... I will do that next. Then lets see what I get. I will use 19.10.1 again, then look at 19.12.1 and 20.3.1.

0 Likes
colesdav
MVP

Thanks.

colesdav
MVP

I managed to get the Radeon Pro DUO Adrenalin 2019 19.12.1 Driver to install and show the required "Use AMD pre-defined profile": Make sure Windows 10 Pro is updated and the latest version of DDU 18.0.2.2 or 18.0.2.3 is installed and used to clean any traces of earlier Adrenalin 2020 or 2019 installs. Here is the result

pastedImage_2.png
pastedImage_3.png
pastedImage_4.png

Then do the following in device manager to update the drivers:

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_2.png

I pointed to: C:\AMD\Win10-Radeon-Software-Adrenalin-2020-Edition-20.3.1-Mar19\Packages\Drivers\Display\WT6A_INF

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_2.png

After you do that you can either kill Radeon Settings in Task Manager and then restart it or preferably reboot the PC.

You should see this:
pastedImage_3.png

Which has this:

pastedImage_4.png

It seems to work OK. 

I will do another DDU uninstall and then do an Adrenalin 20.3.1 Factory Reset install.before I remove the Radeon Pro DUO from this machine and put it back to work rendering in Blender. 

Thanks.

colesdav
MVP

DDU + Factory Reset Install results in this: pastedImage_1.png
pastedImage_2.png
pastedImage_3.png
pastedImage_4.png

No AMD pre-defined profile in this driver.

colesdav
MVP

Please submit an AMD Reporting Form and ask AMD to kindly reimplement DX11 Crossfire Profiles in their Adrenalin 2020 GUI/UI and also to add the option allowing the user to decide which of multiple GPU to pair up.

Please ask them not to drop their expensive DUAL GPU and users who bought into their Multi GPU message in the dumpster with these Adrenalin 2020 drivers.

Thanks.

colesdav
MVP

We need this option back in Adrenalin 2020.

pastedImage_1.png