cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Anonymous
Not applicable

Problem with new chipset drivers and Windows update

After I installed the chipset driver 3.10.08.506 for X399 and Win 10 update KB5006670 the day before yesterday, the PC stopped at the BIOS start screen yesterday when I started it. I had to reset several times and put the correct drive first, then Windows would load but my USB drive would not start. So cable out and back in and it was there. I then deactivated all irrelevant boot drives in the BIOS. Today the PC started normally again. AMD Software is at odds with Windows Update, corrosive.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

To be on the safe side, I flashed the BIOS today, even though the current one was on. Now the Windows startup drive is now alone in the boot option. Somehow something got mixed up during the installation of the update and the chipset driver.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
vialli100
Forerunner

Sounds to me that your bios probably reset for some reason..

My old x370 mobo used to that at times..

AMD Ryzen 7 3700x, Asus Tuf Gaming RX 6700 XT, Asus TUF Gaming x570 Plus, 32gb G.Skill TZ neo 3600mhz, Samsung 980pro 1tb NVME, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1tb NVME, Lian Li Galahad AIO 240mm, Antec Titanium 1kw.
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

To be on the safe side, I flashed the BIOS today, even though the current one was on. Now the Windows startup drive is now alone in the boot option. Somehow something got mixed up during the installation of the update and the chipset driver.

0 Likes