Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

jfkrevenge
Newcomer

PROBLEM WITH EVERY AMD DRIVER, CAN'T INSTALL ANYONE OF THEM

My system:

Graphic card: AMD Radeon R9 200 Series (Radeon R9 270x 4GB DDR5 Windforce OC).

Desktop PC.

Operative System: Windows 10 64 bits.

Driver installed: 16.9.2

Display devices: BenQ 2460B (2460HM) 1920x1080 60Hz, I/O HDMI and DVI. Currently connected to VGA by DVI adapter.

Motherboard: ASRock B75 Pro 3-M.

CPU: QuadCore Intel Core i5-3330, 3000MHz/3GHz (30x100) x86, x86-64

Power Supply: 500W

RAM: 8GB DDR5

My problem:

When I try to install an AMD driver the system stops working and I can't do nothing except forcing the system to restart. It happens at the moment that it's installing the screen controller. The screen turns off like 3 seconds, then it's all ok, but a few seconds later can't do nothing, even move my mouse, it doesn't work. I'm at 16.9.2 but, if I uninstall my currently drivers, and try to reinstall them, the same error happens. I thought in safe mode was gonna work but when I tried it showed me an error.

I'm having problems to play Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered because can't update my graphic card to 16.11.5.

What have I done?

I've really unninstalled the AMD drivers using DDU + CCleaner. Also used the "regedit" tool to remove directories. I tried to enter in safe mode, but it shows this error "Error of controller detection. Please visit AMD to get help".

0 Kudos
2 Replies
redfury
Big Boss

Re: PROBLEM WITH EVERY AMD DRIVER, CAN'T INSTALL ANYONE OF THEM

Make a picture of this error.

You mean with 16.9.2 everything is OK? Did you install it recently or you just made system restore?

0 Kudos
amdmatt
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: PROBLEM WITH EVERY AMD DRIVER, CAN'T INSTALL ANYONE OF THEM

If you cannot restore your system to before this issue occurred and then try a fresh install of the drivers, you might need to do a clean install of Windows. If you have not already, try the troubleshooting steps linked in the document below. This may fix whatever issue is preventing you from installing the drivers correctly.

Troubleshooting Common AMD Graphics Driver Installation Problems