Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Smartengine
Journeyman III

Problem with Cossacks 3 with newest drivers

As stated, with the newest version for Windows 10,
as well as the last couple of drivers for Windows 11 via Windows update,
broke Cossacks 3 as it is stuck in the loading screen. You can hear the water and background noise but not the game itself.

Unfortunatly I also cannot send this via the Bug Reporter, as the software is broken under Win11 and tells me that the driver is not supported.

Any suggestions?
Older drivers make other titles unplayable. I.E.: Rainbow 6 Siege (Vulkan)

Thanks in advance.

1 Solution

The issue should now be resolved in Adrenline 24.3.1 drivers released yesterday. Please refer to the release notes for more information. 

Fixed Issues
Some characters may appear invisible or have missing textures while playing Cossacks 3.

View solution in original post

87 Replies

Steam

Steam, right.

0 Likes

Steam 

0 Likes

Steam.

The problem mainly comes with multiplayer

0 Likes

Steam. Huge map. 4k has problems even launching so had to reduce resolution to 1440p.

0 Likes

Hi

Where can I find this "ShaderType" setting you are talking about?

0 Likes

I think it is the config file like: Documents/cossacks/profile.cfg

0 Likes

Thank you very much,

It actually works, but without the shader the game experience is rather mediocre. I will wait for the fix.

0 Likes

Hopefully we get recognized this time.

Popey900
Adept I

I hope we customers are worth $5 to AMD. And AMD finally buys the game and fixes it. But I don't believe it will take as long as it takes. It's sad, but for GPUs you should probably go with Nvidia.

Brainyyy
Journeyman III

My friend and me have same problem. I fixed it with the old driver on my rx6700xt ... but he got the 7800xt and cant install the old driver for this card. No fix worked for him. He can only play medium sized maps in multiplayer and even has Graphic Bugs on some units. Plz AMD fix this !!! ♥

0 Likes

You ask impossible things 

0 Likes
Dragokar
Miniboss

Please also send reports to GSC Gameworld. They also can do something, because they earn money with the game.

0 Likes

@Dragokar 

The game has been finished for years. There are no more updates. and AMD messed up with the drivers. And now you can see how important customers are for AMD. So not at all.

0 Likes

It is not that easy. A developer, in my opinion, has to maintain support as long as they sell the game. No company in the world should deny customer complaints as long as they actively make money with it. So in this case BOTH MUST work on it.

0 Likes
daylavi
Adept I

here 24.2.1 comes and cossack 3 still not working with 2x and 4x maps

Joke6233
Journeyman III

RX 6600M

ErrorError

After the error, it continued to work with broken textures, but after a couple of minutes it hung.

0 Likes
peruka93
Staff

Fix is ready internally. Expect to be included in one of the future driver releases (may not be the soonest one).

We look forward.

0 Likes

Nice information! Are you allowed to share details?

0 Likes
Bullseye13
Adept I

Nice Info!

Can‘t wait to play the game again.

0 Likes
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

The release notes have been updated to mention this issue, @Dragokar.

Known Issues

• Some textures for characters may appear invisible while playing Cossacks 3.

I fixed your link

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-24-2-1

Thank you very much, can't wait to play it properly with my stepson.

Thanks, I've updated the link.

"Some textures for characters may appear invisible while playing Cossacks 3."

That doesn't seem accurate as it outright crashes or fails to run.

0 Likes

Does the next version fix screen not loading (4x 2x maps)?

Thank you

Dragokar
Miniboss

Just wait and we will see. Cant be that long until the next update.

0 Likes
Tomuks47
Adept I

Everything works perfectly fine, THANKS ! 24.3.1

The issue should now be resolved in Adrenline 24.3.1 drivers released yesterday. Please refer to the release notes for more information. 

Fixed Issues
Some characters may appear invisible or have missing textures while playing Cossacks 3.

Works!

Thank you very much for the work together with the community.

Unfortunately nothin changed, I have the same problems

Ryzen R9 5900X, Radeon RX6800XT, ASUS Strix X570-E

1000000669.jpg

1000000668.jpg

my favorite game, but I can’t play it because the warrior textures won’t load. AMD Ryzen 7 5700 G with Graphics core 1000000667.jpg

   

0 Likes

Can you confirm, are you running the latest 24.3.1 driver? I thought the texture missing issues were addressed in a previous driver and the only issue remaining is with regards to a out of memory error in the larger maps/modes. 

0 Likes
Brainyyy
Journeyman III

dosnt work pefect for me

it depends on map size and how many players ... sometimes the game crashes sometimes it starts.

Just tried different setups. 5 Players worked on an mid sized map. 6 Players chrashes on mid sized map. The Big Map (4x) is just possible to play with 2 Players. 

The Game dosnt stuck in the loading screen. It starts and after the start i got a black screen but i can hear all voices. When i play with shortcuts i eaven can built something. 

One time a got a Waring: Out of memory . When i clicked ok the game starts but it stucked on the first screen. I also could hear the voices like in the black screen scenarios.

My Setup:

RX6700xt

Ryzon 5800x

all drivers are updated. I also used amd cleaning utility before installing the new driver and reinstalled the game after updating the driver.

I'm realy happy that ADM worked on this problem and i hope they will give it a final fix

COSSACKS.png20240321185029_1.jpgWoah, you are actually right, tried with these basic settings, but with filled lobby, just launched game and instantly got this error.

Same problem with memory . Black screen 

same

This problem is not fixed sind end 2022

Thanks for the feedback, we'll look into this as well. 

Please can users provide some settings we can copy in regards to number of players, map size etc, which we can follow to see if the crash is reproducible at our end?

It usually starts to crash/freeze for me when at least 4 players are in game(player and 3 bots) on no matter what map size is, it makes crash/blackscreen when game loads up and if its loads up somehow successfully, once I press F10(settings keybind) I get freeze. Sometimes game stucks/freezes in the end of loading menu(feels like it's loaded tho, because game sounds appears, but thats it)

0 Likes