Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Smartengine
Journeyman III

Problem with Cossacks 3 with newest drivers

As stated, with the newest version for Windows 10,
as well as the last couple of drivers for Windows 11 via Windows update,
broke Cossacks 3 as it is stuck in the loading screen. You can hear the water and background noise but not the game itself.

Unfortunatly I also cannot send this via the Bug Reporter, as the software is broken under Win11 and tells me that the driver is not supported.

Any suggestions?
Older drivers make other titles unplayable. I.E.: Rainbow 6 Siege (Vulkan)

Thanks in advance.

1 Solution

The issue should now be resolved in Adrenline 24.3.1 drivers released yesterday. Please refer to the release notes for more information. 

Fixed Issues
Some characters may appear invisible or have missing textures while playing Cossacks 3.

View solution in original post

83 Replies
Vanek
Adept I

Hey, since I'm currently dealing with the same problem with the latest 2 drivers on Windows 10, I have to ask. Have you tried to change any graphic option in radeon software ? Like Radeon Anti-lag or anyhting else ?

Just so I know if I need to try it or if it's a lost cause

0 Likes

Hello Vanek,

I'd consider using DDU, "Display Driver Uninstaller is a driver removal utility that can help you completely uninstall AMD/NVIDIA graphics card drivers and packages from your system, without leaving leftovers behind (including registry keys, folders and files, driver store)."

As many know that the registry tends to store old entries that aren't valid anymore. For example, Ryzen Master will do this as a person installs a newer version and later they have to edit the registry to remove the old entries which resolves their issue with a new version.

Another path is to use the "AMD Cleanup Utility is designed to thoroughly remove any previously installed AMD driver files, registries, and driver store from systems running Microsoft Windows® 7 and later.  The cleanup process includes removing AMD display and audio drivers as well as AMD software components but does not remove AMD chipset driver components such as GPIO, SATA, USB, etc."

One can get DDU @ https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html 

AMD Cleanup Utility @ https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/gpu-601 

Please note that OP has a different issue as they are using Win 11 compared to your use of Win 10. Thus the internals are not the same and it will have issue's for a while, therefor most people who've used Windows since Win 95 will hold off in using a new release. Yet in humor we can attest that even Win 10 is not a complete operating system as if it was it wouldn't have "Windows Update".

X570 Taichi, Ryzen 3600XT, 32G of F4-3400C16D-16GSXW, XFX RX5700, NH-D15 Chromemax.black, Fractal Design R5, SilentWings 3 case fans, Intel 660P M.2 1T, WDS256G1X0C M.2 256G
0 Likes

Tried various settings, removed with DDU, no change at all.

Only trying to change the settings in the Radeon SW itself for the game I have not tried yet.

This issue begin in windows 10 like I've said in my previous comment and it persist in windows 11!

Your advice is not working and I have a PC with:

- asus motherboard rog strix x570-f gaming;

- ryzen 5 3600x;

- 32 GB ram 3000 mhz;

- rx 5700 xt sapphire 8g pulse.

This is a exlusive problem from AMD!

The new driver for halo infinite fixes this bug. You have to specifically look it up though it dowa not currently popup as an update in amd radeon software.

> The new driver for halo infinite fixes this bug.

I confirm new Halo Infinite AMD driver fix Cossacks 3 on AMD GPU.

No, it doesn't!

I've tried today and still stuck in Last Preparation aka Loading Textures 99%

What's your driver version ?

Mine is 21.40.03.01 and it works perfectly, you can find them here https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/RN-RAD-WIN-HALO-INFINITE-MP

0 Likes

Just updated to the latest 21.12.1 drivers, still working, the issue seems fixed !

0 Likes

Quick question, will I need to uninstall those drivers if I want to update them later or will the Radeon Software do it by itself ?

Edit: drivers are indeed working for me too, that's great, bit of a shame they broke the game in the first place but hey, it happens

0 Likes

the drivers are official just not release in the software yet. So hopefully no more downgrading or crap like that. If you look at driver versions the current release in the software is version 21.11.3 but the halo driver is 21.40 so I think it should come later in the software so no uninstalling or weird crap to do hopefully.

This didn't help at all 

Ryzen R9 5900X, Radeon RX6800XT, ASUS Strix X570-E
0 Likes
alxzaf
Adept I

Cossacks 3 doesn't work with newer drivers from April or May to present day.

So I HAVE THIS PROBLEM TOO, an it looks like AMD doesn't care about some older games like Cossacks 3, even if I've reported this problem via Adrenaline Driver software (PS: is a useless thing of software full of BUGS and I can't wait to return to nVidia GPUs when this shortage is over) and to this day nothing is changed.

So, in conclusion, if you want to play Cossacks 3 YOU MUST INSTALL AN OLDER VERSION of adrenaline software (from january 2021 or at most since March 2021), BUT if you do this and if you HAVE A GPU WITH OVER 4 GB of VRAM (like 8GB) WILL NOT RECOGNIZE MOVE THEN 4 GB OF VRAM (I've tested myself).

Have a nice day!

Celdur
Journeyman III

2022, the problem persists...

AMD can never compete with Nvidia like this. I can't play older strategy games, Victoria 2 also gives me problems. What's the point of updating my hardware even?

Vanek
Adept I

Just tested with the 23.2.2, everything works fine, no problem to play Cossacks 3. What version are you on ?

0 Likes

for me, this driver doesn't work, only much much older drivers.

0 Likes
Bullseye13
Adept I

I have the same problems to.

The game quits to desktop direct after the loading screen or
the loading screen is endless or
it crashes with an "out of memory" or sometimes with an error without any text.

Yesterday, after one and half hours of trying, we managed to get into a game 1vs1 and we played it to the end in 1,5h but i didn't see water and i didnt see most of the units. they we're invisible, i only saw their shadows.

I'm on the newest driver.

System:

Asus TUF X670E-Plus
AMD R9 7950X
AMD RX 6900 XT
2x 16GB DDR5 6000 CL30
WD_Black SN850x
Windows 11

Preysize
Adept II

Bump!

Same Problem here.
For me units disappear and animations break, making this game unplayable.

Temp fix is to uncheck shadows or set shader usage to none.

To set Shader usage to none:

Go to path:

"C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\cossacks\profiles\Cossack\profile.cfg"

set "ShaderType = None"

Save file, launch game, go options and switch your Profile to "Cossack" (You can do the same steps with your own profile.)

!!! NOTE !!!
In Display settings the "Shader Dropdown" will be blank, do not switch to any of the options and save otherwise you will have to redo the steps.
!!! NOTE !!!

This temp fix wrecks the Team colors however.

Cant believe AMD and GSC didnt even bother fixing this, take money and run mentality.

Bullseye13
Adept I

I found a config, that works for me. But still no water.

Working Config.jpg

Danke dir!
Ich versuch das nachher mal.

Usually play without Water anyway in Multiplayer games and im getting tired of running ancient drivers for just a single game.

GeorgeSchneider
Journeyman III

Same problem

I've Asus laptop
with AMD Ryzen 5 4600H with Radeon Graphics 3.00 GHz
Windows 11 Pro
22H2

Cossacks 3 works after installing from amd.com
following driver package:

AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition
Adrenalin 23.5.2 (WHQL Recommended)
File Size
596MB
Release date
6/1/2023

But water is not displayed(

Update:
Problem solved!
After installing an older version
radeon-software-adrenalin-2020-21.40.03.01-Win10-Win11-64Bit
Everything worked great!

But this is not really cool to install for one game one driver for second another.  Yeah, problem is not present on driver version 22.5.1. but on many (if on all I didn't try all newest versions of driver) newest this problem present. 

evildoer
Journeyman III

BUMP! The only driver that was working for me was 23.5.2
C'mon AMD - fix this and have proper regression testing in order to not break things that worked.

thanks! You helped me to help my friend play this game on the new Acer laptop 

Tomuks47
Adept I

I have'nt tried DGVoodoo, might help. But they must fix this, I get invisible units or out of memory error. I paid money for this.

ad_mil
Journeyman III

Just bought this game with all DLC.

The number of graphics and physics (deformations) issues is staggering.

AMD, please fix or provide a workaround that doesn't involve downgrading drivers as I need current version for professional stuff...  Given how much I paid for my hardware, these kind of isues are unacceptable.

Config :

Ryzen 9 5950X

Radeon RX 6900 XT

Window 11 Pro

Thanks,

ad_mil

Popey900
Adept I

I now also had to install an old driver (22.5.1) to play Cosack 3 online. AMD, what's that supposed to mean? When will a FIX come? Or is AMD not interested in something like that?

never fix. They even dont read that

Dragokar
Miniboss

@amd_support @Sam_AMD  Could you please look into this?

Please try updating to the recently released AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 24.1.1, performing a factory reset prior to installing the package, then check to see if the issue is resolved. 

If these issue continues, please provide a clear description of the issue, along with some steps we can follow (eg, go here, do this etc) to reproduce the issue, as well as the in game settings (image quality, resolution, etc) you are using. Please also make sure to include your full system specs, and any additional information you think might be helpful. 

If you can provide any pictures and or videos of the issue too that would be helpful. 

Hi there! It is great to see that there were development in this thread, just bought the game (Cossacks 3) thought I might have to return it.

Followed the instructions with the new adrenalin edition. The problems till persists, some specs that might help in the identification of the issue:

PC:

AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT
AMD Ryzen 5 7600X 6-Core Processor
RAM 32 GB
Win 10 (64)

Attaching pictures abbout the game settings and the visual bugs.

You will see invisible soliders, rifleman with their guns levitating and workers hammering with their fists instead of hammers (to reproduce start a random map, build town hall, blacksmith, barrack and produce some units). Also will upload graphic settings of the game.

I am hoping this will help and  as a user who enjoys older games on a modern PC, thank you for taking the time with this issue.

Regards,Inivible soliders hammers and levitating gun.Inivible soliders hammers and levitating gun.SettingsSettings

Mik1
Journeyman III

The same issue here, I’m running the latest driver 24.1.1 on rx570

0 Likes
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

I'll pass this feedback on for investigation thanks.

I'll be back to update the thread when I have an update to share. Appreciate your patience until that time. 

Finaly there is an answere from amd.

Same on RX 6600, nothing changed even with latest 24.1.1 driver version.

0 Likes
ssid21
Journeyman III

I made one big mistake, buying an AMD graphics card for the first time. I have a 6750 XT and there is a visual problem with the units in Cossacks 3. Drivers 23.5.2, 23.12.1, 24.1.1 - do not work, drivers 22.5.2 - it seems to be ok

on the 23.12.1 driver additionally I had an error with memory

0 Likes
Bullseye13
Adept I

I have News:

With ShaderTyp set to None an as long as I play no xxl Random Maps (x4) it seems to work. There are some graphic glitches but it seems to work.

When I start X4 sized random map there is the black screen with sound... Never loading.

Could users that are affected by this please confirm on which platform are you playing the game. For example, Steam, etc?

0 Likes

It is Steam for me