cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Dave5
Journeyman III

Problem with AMD Radeon VII

Issue: I accidently flashed a Vega 56 BIOS into my AMD Radeon VII and I can't flash it back because the VII isn't even shown in the "Device Manager".

Can please somebody help?

0 Likes
3 Replies

TechPowerUP website gives some good tips on how to flash a bad vBIOS on a AMD GPU card and GPU cards in general: https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/how-to-recover-from-a-bad-video-bios-flash.265939/

If you don't have the Radeon VII vBIOS to flash the GPU card you might be able to download it from the above link.

"Flashing AMD cards

Download AMD's flashing utility and extract it to the some folder. Copy the BIOS file(s) to the same folder.

First try the GUI version (AMDVBFlashWin), if it doesn't work, use the command prompt version (search for cmd.exe and run it with administrator privileges).

Navigate to the folder where you put the files:

CD C:\Fullpath\

***If the folder is C:\Users\David\Downloads\New folder use "CD C:\Users\David\Downloads\New folder\"***

Type: "amdvbflash -i" to see which adapter id is the bricked card.

And then type:

amdvbflash -unlockrom 0
amdvbflash -f -p 0 filename.rom

***Change 0 to the correct adapter id, and filename.rom to the video BIOS file***

ERROR: 0FL01
Unfortunately, this is a general error with no specific information. This can be anything! From bad drivers, wrong ROM, not enough privileges, broken transistor, and even damaged BIOS chip. In this case, you can try flashing from DOS mode, UEFI Shell, Linux, or with SPI flash programmer.

Adapter not found
Try to short the video BIOS 1-5 pins as seen above, or use SPI flash programmer.

This guide brought to you by the old house of ngohq.com. If you like it, please press on the like button to the right.

0 Likes

Thanks for the answer but the gpu isn't shown - so I get the error "ERROR: 0FL01" - or "Adapater not found"

I will try the BIOS 1-5 pin - method.

0 Likes

It mentions if you get that error to use one of the four programs to flash the GPU that is linked:

1-DOS MODE

2-UEFI SHELL

3-Linux

4- SPI FLASH Programmer

Anyways, good luck.

0 Likes