cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

DaaNiiJm
Journeyman III

Problem WITH AMD DRIVER coming out of my monitor

I have a gpu rx 6700 XT, new bought 4 months ago.
The error is basically a kind of flickering, with the screen turning off, it lasts very little but it is constant, all the time, whatever you do in any application or in the menu.
It started 2 days ago, when I updated to windows 11. I also clarify that this happened to me before, as soon as I bought the pc, around the dates of January 12/20. But it solved itself, I thought it was a software problem and that an update would fix it, I don't know what fixed it but the error disappeared.
But now when installing windows 11 it happened again, in the periods that I used windows after those January dates it NEVER gave me ANY errors, everything was perfect, without changing anything at all.
Now with windows 11 the same thing happened, I went back to windows 10 because I thought it would be a problem with the operating system but still, everything turned on fine, but until I ran the software installer the problem started, when the screen blinks because of the driver. Tried a few old drivers but same error.
Things to clarify, I use a VGA adapter from the monitor to HDMI for the gpu, but I used it for months and it gave no problem, so this is not it. Also when turning on the pc it does not give problems, neither in safe mode, nor in the bios. Only when entering windows.
I also tried uninstalling everything with DDU and the amd app to delete all the drivers and reinstall, but the problem still continued.
Another thing is that when I disable my gpu's adapter from the device manager, it works normally but when I enable it, the problem returns.
I doubt that it is a problem that has to do with my power supply since it is 850WTS Gold.

IMG_20230113_012910227.jpg

IMG_20230114_110547814.jpg

  

0 Likes
1 Reply
AMD_cire
Challenger

if possible, maybe try not using VGA adapter. Just pure HDMI and if you have some monitor can try see if all has the same issue or not.

MSI B550 Pro-VDH - MSI 6600XT - Ryzen 5600G
0 Likes