cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

FedeIlLeone
Journeyman III

Problem with a R8 M445DX

Hello. I have a Aspire E15 E5-553G-18U5, with A12-9700P and the R8 M445DX with a R7 M440. I am having a very recurring problem with this laptop and GPU in particular. When I play any type of game, it keeps the game running for a few minutes, or even seconds sometimes, but then suddenly a black screen, a freeze, and the driver restarts.

What I tried:

- DDU + Install driver from AMD website, which broke and made everything worse, by changing name the R7 M440 to R7 M340 in the device manager.

- DDU + Install official OEM drivers, it fixed the R7 M440 > R7 M340 name swap, but problem still there.

- Setting high performance, nothing changed.

- This laptop had an HDD, so I changed it to an SSD with a complete windows reinstall, but nothing changed.

A good thing, that might be important (?), is that initially when I bought it, everything was working properly, it was possible to play on it without any crash. And hey, I know this laptop has its age and obviously I've never played any heavy game. But for example, a simple game like Roblox crashes this laptop, and another 10 year old laptop I have doesn't have these problems. Also I don't know if it's related, but the battery never reaches 100% (and yes, I checked battery settings and there are no limits set), and a few years ago when the laptop was still usable without the cable plugged, the crash only happened when the laptop was charging. Now I can't do this test anymore because when it's not on charge, it immediately turns off (even if it still has like 20000 mWh of capacity, which is really weird).

If you could help me with this, thank you.

0 Likes
0 Replies