cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

cesarhvo
Journeyman III

Problem when updating AMD RADEON DRIVERS.

Well I'll start, to tell my whole problem from the beginning in order to have a little more context (if it helps).

I have a laptop with a RX560X GPU and a Ryzen 5 3550H (Vega 8 Graphics) processor. When I first bought it, I installed the newer recommended version of AMD RADEON SETTINGS for my laptop (11.20.2). The problem was that when I downloaded and installed the driver my computer started to freeze with normal use (Word, Chrome, Fall guys, a bit of GTA V). When this happened I could not do anything, the only thing I could do was force the shutdown and restart. This situation made me restore my computer to a previous point and download version 20.9.1 of AMD RADEON SETTINGS ... With this update my computer does not freeze, however I cannot open AMD RADEON SETTINGS! (It is a bit strange and curious the fact that when I turn on the computer (the first 15 seconds maybe after turning it on) I can open the software, but if I close it, I cannot open it later).

I would like to know if any of you have had a similar problem, and if so, how did you solve it? The fact that I can't open the AMD RADEON SETTINGS is a bit annoying, but even more the fact that my screen freezes.

By the way, my computer seems to work completely normal, despite not being able to open AMD RADEON SETTINGS (I can play gta v, fall guys, hitman, no problem). The only problems are that I can't open the software and I don't have the newest version.

My computer:
FX505DY-WH51
16 GB RAM

0 Likes
1 Reply
Ychen
Journeyman III

Same here!!!!! When I manually update and install the latest drivers from AMD, the screen will freeze. Did you solve your problem?

0 Likes