Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

gameonline
Journeyman III

problem ryzen 2400g witth sapphire rx 580 8gb nitro

sorry for my English

Hello,

I have a big problem: a few days ago I bought the various components to assemble a itx pc.

All components are new!

mobo asrock fatality ab350 itx ac - ram viper4 (2banchi da8gb) - alimentatore - cpu ryzen 5 2400g (cip momentaneo in attesa che arrivi il 2600) - gpu dedicata sapphire rx 580 8gb nitro+.

The problem is that there is no way to be able to update the gpu rx 580 8gb.

Nothing was worth the disable vega11, load the drivers from the rx and then try to download them via adrenalin or "driver" direct, delete all the graphics drivers, including vega, with DDU, reload drivers and using the drivers downloaded from amd, using update from adrenalin, doing windows update (every step followed by ddu).

Actual driver in 2400g end rx 580 is 17.7, the 18.3 or driver 18.2 don't work.

Motherboard BIOS updated to version 4.5.

I've been scrabbling since Saturday afternoon, but I can not find a solution.

I contacted the seller and, at the first level, told me that, coincidentally, they had an incompatibility using sapphire and ab350 asrock motherboard.

Please, do you have any solutions to try?

In your opinion, is the ryzen 2400g incompatible with a gpu sapphire rx 580?

Thanks in advance for the help and support you can give me.

thk

0 Likes
32 Replies
spajdr
Adept III

I don't think there is a working solution to this yet.

See topic here

Issue with RX560 and R5 not working

I guess we need to wait for newer adrenalin driver which add support for RX Vega 8/11 which Ryzen 2200/2400G model have.

0 Likes

This situation is very unpleasant. Ryzen 2400g new, rx 580 new and, I can not properly use the computer.

0 Likes

I do not look for the crossfire, can not isolate the vega11 and 100% exploit the rx 580? Thk

0 Likes

I checked your BIOS settings, if there is possibility to disable fully APU (Vega 11), but there is no such option.

So waiting for newer driver is probably the only option we have for now.

I hope there are other ways, without touching the bios. Thank you for your answer.

0 Likes
gameonline
Journeyman III

even today March 16, ryzen 5 2400g + dedicated gpu (in my case a sapphire rx 580 8gb nitro) are NOT compatible. The same problem is also encountered by those who have MSI mobo.

0 Likes
plumboby
Miniboss

have you gone in depth with your bios & flashed your bios for your motherboard to the latest motherboard cpu bios micro code. They are built to be compatible with a video card as well. You should be able to bypass the integrated to get your rx580 running. Question how much in wattage is your PSU & quality what ram are you running OS your running etc. A bit vague of the rest of your build as might not be compatibility. It is new aritecture new bugs will be occurring tho with drivers wise & OS tho should be able to run your rx580 or get it to post. I suggest to flash your bios to the newest micro code of your cpu. Might be missing something in the bios a setting not been enabled or disabled I seen a question like this on the forum the other day & another member pokester commented on a possible work around.

0 Likes

Hello, thanks for your reply, but I have done all the various tests. Hdmi connected to iGPU, hdmi connected to rx 580. The video rye is present in all cases. There is a driver incompatibility between the 2 gpu. I'm not trying to use them together. In addition to the iGPU compatible drivers, even if you disable it, you can not install version 18.3.2 on rx 580.

0 Likes
noyu
Journeyman III

Hi! I had the same problem initially. The step-by-step solution would be:

1. Plug the monitor into the RX580 (and make sure the motherboard display outputs isn't connected to anything).
  2. DDU the drivers on safe mode. Shutdown.
  3. Go into BIOS. Disable the iGPU. I'm not sure how to do this with Asrock's BIOS but for Gigabyte it was pretty straightforward. Make sure you set the buffer size to 64M before disabling. For added precaution, set initial display output to PCI-E as well.
  4. Now go into your PC, display should be on low-res now coz the drivers aren't present yet.
  5. Download the chipset drivers from AMD. These DO NOT include the graphics drivers for the 2400G. Chipset
  6. Download separately, the graphics drivers for your RX580.

If this doesn't work, try resetting CMOS between Steps 2 and 3.

0 Likes

hello, unfortunately this solution does not work with the m / b asrock fatal1ty ab 350 itx a / c

0 Likes
gameonline
Journeyman III

summary

My buil is:

OS windows 10 pro 64bit (original and update last update)

cpu ryzen 5 2400g

noctua nh-l12s

m/b asrock fatal1ty ab350 itx a/c (last bios 4.5)

ram: 2x8gb patriot viper 3200mhz (compatible code with m/b)

ssd 850 evo 500gb

psu silverstone sst sx500 lg v2.0

gpu sapphire rx580 8gb nitro+ original bios (driver 17.7, the same igpu vega 11), the gpu it's new.

I do not want to do cross fire, but, i want use well my primary gpu (rx 580).

it did not help:

m/b update bios

m/b selection first or second gpu

connect and disconnect the rx 580

help of amd = zero

My opition?

the ryzen 5 2400g its a good cpu, but, in my situation this cpu is incompatible witch gpu amd.

if you have solutions, I am here.

0 Likes
plumboby
Miniboss

Thinking you might have missed a step. Set you videocard as primary display output. Disable IGPU you need to in your bios, load up latest RX580 drivers 18.3 onwards should work. Need to be in bios & disable iGPU like others running Intel integrated for it to work properly. Have you got all the chipset drivers loaded up as if they are loaded properly they should with the bios detect your videocard straight away,on low resolution so you can apply the update once your in Windows.

0 Likes

hi, the igpu disable function is not available

Il 3 aprile 2018 alle 12.01 plumboby <amd-external@jiveon.com> ha scritto:

Community https://community.amd.com/?et=watches.email.thread

Re: problem ryzen 2400g witth sapphire rx 580 8gb nitro

in Drivers & Software

>

0 Likes
plumboby
Miniboss

What bios are you using get you motherboard specs read threw bios section with disableing it as will be in the manual for disabling it. Even throw a support ticket to ASrock about you motherboard with your issue with being able to disable your iGPU. Either a bios update hasnt carried over properly or you havnt read or gone in to you advanced bios settings for disabling as all motherboards from all manufactorers have the option to disable iGPU features usually in the advanced part or bios features.

0 Likes

hi,

my m/b asrock ab350itx a/c has bios 4.5 (this is last bios).

arsrock support communicates:

from bios you can indicate which gpu must be primary or secondary; not disable

indicate primary or secondary has not worked, with every attempt it seems that the igpu blocks the driver update for the rx 580

Il 3 aprile 2018 alle 12.16 plumboby <amd-external@jiveon.com> ha scritto:

Community https://community.amd.com/?et=watches.email.thread

Re: problem ryzen 2400g witth sapphire rx 580 8gb nitro

in Drivers & Software

>

0 Likes
gameonline
Journeyman III

it was a long time since I wanted to assemble my pc and trust was high with expectations.

maybe I'd better sell the ryzen 5 2400g and wait for the new ryzen 2600.

asrock has no solutions.

amd for this cpu has no support/comunication end solutions too.

how sad

0 Likes
plumboby
Miniboss

Wipe I GPU drivers disable then enable in bios for videocard to take over will be in the advanced section of your bios. If in doubt redownload all motherboard drivers fresh, bios a selection of them, as well do a fresh 10 install but dsable any for of graphic drivers, Download the most upto date user manual for your board is an idea. Throw a support ticket at Asrock & AMD. I suspect eioither bugged driver or missed step throwing it out as know other with your exact build running a RX580 no issues. There should be on this forum another who found a backward solution which worked to.

0 Likes

unfortunately the only answer obtained by asrock is the one written before: select one or the other gpu / igpu

0 Likes

for amd, no comment.

when I wrote the problem they sent me the boot kit.

I did not need the boot kit, my m / b was already updated

0 Likes
plumboby
Miniboss

You must have a bad bios or missed a step in the bios to enable disable GPU/iGPU. There are a few other on this forum that have had to do a work around might pay to dig them up. I suspect a dud driver package somewhere. Btw did you let 10 load up your chipset drivers or did you apply them manually as supect could be an issue to. You need to apply Asrock chipset drivers with the correct bios for the Videocard to be able to be enabled in bios to, Asrock boards with updates can be a bit picky & 10 has a bad habbit or installing base drivers not the correct motherboard driver which is making me think maybe issue when you loaded 10.

0 Likes

tonight I try for the 20th time to redo the procedure.

at this moment, the only thing I can do, given your kindness in writing your thoughts, is to say: thank you.

0 Likes
plumboby
Miniboss

allguds here to try help

0 Likes

Hi, I followed your procedure, it does not work. I wrote to amd technical support, they gave me a procedure similar to yours, but this also does not work.

0 Likes
plumboby
Miniboss

An idea might be do you have any m8s with simular builds or have an IT tech to check over your mobo to make sure your doing the steps the right way. I still think its you the builder have missed something.

0 Likes

hi, we checked in 3; me, a friend of mine who deals with hardware and the store technician who sold me the gpu. Nobody came to terms with it. We all start to think that the gpu rx is broken or failed

0 Likes
plumboby
Miniboss

try you card in another build which you know the mobo works might be your mobo not the card.

0 Likes

I do not think it's the mobo, last night after the various attempts, while I was playing cry 5, in some areas the monitor color appeared purple and acid green.

turn off, on again, the absurd colors disappear.

a similar problem of strange colors gave me 2 weeks ago playing nioh, but I thought it was always because of the drivers.

I do not think that the mobo can make these flaws, or yes?

0 Likes
plumboby
Miniboss

might be your monitor

0 Likes
neosoyo
Journeyman III

to disable the GPU on asrock AB350 Fatality:

- Advanced / AMD CBS / MBIO Common Options / GFX Configuration

Then select Primary Video Adapter as Ext Graphics (PEG)

only when i did that, the radeon adrenalin driver recognized the vga  (Radeon Software Edition appeared as "0.0.0.0" on radeon settings before disable the vega 11).. but now my desktop is restarting after a minute running some games..i'm using a M2 driver , G-skill 16gb ddr4 3000 and a Corsair CX500, the mobo, processor and vga are the same

i will sell this apu and buy an ryzen 5 1600x instead..

0 Likes

1. Press F2 button in POST screen to go into BIOS
2. Disable i ntegrated Graphics Controller in BIOS 
   Path: BIOS\AMD CBS\NBIO Common Options\GFX Configuration\Integrated Graphics Controller.
3. Start AMD software downloaded from ASRock website.
4. Update driver to 18.3.4

0 Likes
fmbispo
Journeyman III

Dia you solve this?

0 Likes

Hi, for what its worth.

I also had a problem with ryzen 2400g and sapphire rx580 8gb nitro that made it impossible to update gpu drivers, since the screen would turn black after boot sequence and say "no signal detected". that is why i played with this outdated driver version 17.xxx or something till it wasnt feasable anymore. so i tried to solve the problem one last time. and it wouldnt work.

i thought the cpu and gpu might bleep each other up, so i bought a new cpu. didnt work. i installed a new windows, completely fresh everything. didnt work.

the solution was: my bleeping monitor wouldnt work with newer gpu drivers. the firmware of my monitor(!) apparently was too old, but also there existed no new firmware (benq gw2765). this only was true tho, when the monitor was connected via hdmi. connecting via dvi-d works fine, as im atm using this setup to write this.

a years long journey concluded by using a different cable. g2love it

bai

0 Likes