Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

stone7474
Journeyman III

Problem after Windows 10 Reinstall

Hello,

I bought this computerhttps://www.bestbuy.com/site/cyberpowerpc-gamer-master-gaming-desktop-amd-ryzen-5-3600-16gb-memory-a...  about two months ago. I got the blue screen of death and had to reinstall windows.

I go to reinstall windows and everything looks to be going well with my computer. I can browse the internet and start downloading games. I download a game and the game was extremely slow. So I look at my Driver's under device manager and it shows only "Microsoft Basic" and doesn't have my AMD driver.

I go to download the driver from the AMD website and every single time I do this it resets my computer where I get the blue screen of death. Does anyone know what I can try on this? I am desperate for help.

0 Likes
3 Replies

here is the latest AMD Driver package for the RX5600XT: https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/amd-radeon-5600-series/amd-radeon-rx-5600-series/amd-radeon-... 

When you looked in Device Manager were there any errors or exclamation marks showing?

First run in a elevated (Admin Rights) Command Prompt or Powershell the following command - SFC /scannow. 

This will make sure your Windows installation is not corrupted or missing files. If it comes back good then do the instructions below.

Try using this basic method to install the AMD driver and see if it works or not:

Uninstall the current AMD Driver using DDU as per this method:

It could be due to a corrupted AMD Driver installation.

Download free program DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller). Run it in Safe mode with the internet disconnected.

You can also run it in Windows Desktop but then you would need to Reboot the computer for DDU to finish erasing all of  the AMD Driver traces from your computer.

Once it finishes uninstalling the current AMD Driver in Safe mode and boots back to Windows Desktop, still with the Internet disconnected, delete the AMD Installation folder C:\AMD if it was created before.

Now install the full AMD Drive package you downloaded manually from AMD Download page. Not the express package. Run the package and if it installs correctly again delete C:\AMD folder and reconnect the internet.

This should prevent any conflict when installing the new version from the previous version.

By the way, C:\AMD is always created whenever you run the AMD Driver package

If it doesn't work and you keep getting BSOD when installing the AMD driver post back the exact error of the BSOD that is showing.

Or upload the last Windows Mini-dump if created the last time you had the BSOD. I can use that to see what driver was at fault.

0 Likes
stone7474
Journeyman III

I will try this when I get home. My buddy downloaded the Windows Reinstall.. I deleted some partions off of it. Should I reinstall using the media tool again just to be safe? 

0 Likes

You should send it back and ask for a replacement.
Probably too late if you opened the PC it likely voids warranty.

Sounds like the GPU is dead to me.

0 Likes