cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

nonamenone
Newcomer

Preparing a machine to run with ROCm and docker: Unable to locate package compute-firmware

my specs:

Ubuntu 16.04 fresh install (just followed step 1 and stopped before step 2 of the tutorial below, also no amd gpu pro driver installed, nor anything else)

AMD R9 390

I followed this (ROCm-docker/quick-start.md at master · RadeonOpenCompute/ROCm-docker · GitHub ) tutorial.

When I type in "sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install compute-firmware rock-dkms" I get "E: Unable to locate package compute-firmware", the other packages installed fine.

I tried browsing the repo : http://repo.radeon.com/rocm/apt/debian/ with firefox to try and find the package by myself but I can't find anything, I have continued the tutorial up until it ask to type "lsmod | grep kfd", when typing this command I am supposed to get 3 lines I only get 2 the "amdkcl" one being missing (I guess because of compute-firmware).

Other than that I have restarted my computer multiple times, added the current user to the VIDEO group and I did everything the step 1 said to do everything went fine, except for what I wrote above.

0 Likes
0 Replies