cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

TumKo
Adept II

Post D3 Q-code

The new driver translates the post code of my motherboard asus x570 e gaming into D3 inside the system, the computer boots into the AA post, but as soon as I go into the driver settings, the post becomes D3 post code says about (some of the architectural protocols are not available) I don't know what it is, but I don't like it and I went back to the previous version and everything is fine, most likely an error due to the new temperature monitoring interface, the BIOS blocks access and error D3 appears)

49 Replies

Asus released new bios, x570 E gaming, support win 11 a new post code 9E this is normal this is a TPMdffvcsd.jpg

0 Likes

Hi everyone:

I recently updated my MoBo BIOS and I am now getting the 9E code, too.  As with the early codes, my system is running normally and not issues with software.  Although I know its mostly cosmetic for my system, I yearn to get back to a AA post code.

0 Likes

Guys don't mix up error codes, this thread is for D3 code which is AMD GPU drives related. 

9E code is due TPM on W11 which is totally another story. 

0 Likes

Hi extreme hostsge1

i’ve never seen d3 code come from a game the only thing I can think of is Doom Eternal has built in on screen hardware monitoring maybe that could be causing d3 code or the AMD drivers are the problem.

I know you’re getting d3 code when doom crashes but is it there when you manage to get  Doom run.

On both my boards it’s always been when software reads bios settings ones Intel Z97 and AMD Crosshair 7.

0 Likes

After turning on the computer, go to the settings of the video card driver amd radeon software and you will receive post code D3

0 Likes

21.8.2 does not fix this. They've even stopped mentioning it in the notes. Amazing that they don't know the cause.

0 Likes

Best thing is to disable qcode after post and only look at it if you can’t post D3 is not a error.

0 Likes
rygull
Journeyman III

I started to get D3 code for my Asus Crosshair VI Hero board but was able to figure it out for my system.

- Removing Ryzen Master didn't work.

- Removing SDK from Task Scheduler didn't work.

- Removing GPU drivers and removing/updating AMD Adrenalin software didn't work.

Removing the AMD Chipset Drivers DID work! Every once in a while i go back to AMD driver support page to see if anything new was released since this is an old crappy mobo now  and i did notice they released new Chipset drivers since the last time i downloaded them and sure enough that's what caused it and thats what stopped that code after removing. Hope this helps!

0 Likes

Hi, I also recently upgraded to Ryzen 9 5900x, Asus Strix 570e motherboard and 6800xt, same **bleep** error code after driver updates. What the hell is going on where they can't fix an issue and instead give people errors where everything was running prior to the update of drivers. smh

0 Likes

Latest chipset drivers - 3.10.08.506 and latest Radeon - 21-10-2 and d3 is gone on my system. Back to AA as before.

0 Likes