cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

TumKo
Adept II

Post D3 Q-code

The new driver translates the post code of my motherboard asus x570 e gaming into D3 inside the system, the computer boots into the AA post, but as soon as I go into the driver settings, the post becomes D3 post code says about (some of the architectural protocols are not available) I don't know what it is, but I don't like it and I went back to the previous version and everything is fine, most likely an error due to the new temperature monitoring interface, the BIOS blocks access and error D3 appears)

49 Replies

These two Users has the exact same Error Code on his Gigabyte Motherboard: https://community.amd.com/t5/drivers-software/gigabyte-master-x570-d3-error-code-with-new-21-4-1-dri...

Screenshot 2021-04-21 073647.png

The only thing I can see it might be some sort of BIOS issue in conflict with the new driver.

0 Likes

I also think so that the conflict of the BIOS with the new driver I have the last BIOS AGESA patch A,No other errors were noticed only D3, graphics card rog 5700xt

kodo28
Adept III

Same issue here with my Aorus X570 Xtreme.

On fresh windows install with all app installations that I use no issue with code d3.

Soon as, I installed the Radeon Software Adrenalin 21.4.1, it raised code d3 after some minutes of windows start. 

Yes, if you do not go into the driver settings, the D3 code will appear in a few minutes, and if you immediately after loading the OS Go to settings the code D3 will appear immediately)

right it was like that I've found that the app was the issue. I thought first that I had a problem with my ram due less info about d3 code on web.  For now, I just installed older version and no d3 code anymore 

I see other Users at Reddit has the same exact issue with the D3 error code: https://www.reddit.com/r/AMDHelp/comments/mvlxyj/latest_drivers_cause_d3_qcode_error/

I installed version 21.3.2 all ok, I also tried to install the driver with complete uninstallation using safe mode DDU utility still code D3, ‌‌"about it" "some of the architectural protocols are not available" which I don’t know, I am staying on 21.3.2 it is stable and does not cause any problems‌‌‌‌

PS I'm sorry for my English, I'm from Russia)

Ki_wi_
Adept I

I am having the same problem and I'm sure this will be fixed when we have a new driver update soon. Glad I'm not the only one. I will revert back to the previous driver also. 

Cheers.

0 Likes
Ki_wi_
Adept I

Yes, I'm having the same problem. I will revert back to previous version in the mean time.

Cheers.

0 Likes
MynusTen
Adept I

Dear AMD Community:

I run a work / gaming rig that uses an AMD Ryzen 9 5900x and XFX Radeon RX 6800 XT and since last week, my PC has been booting into q-code "AA" and after about 5 minutes, then changes to q-code "d3".  I have also received a few warnings on my CPU's heating after my PC would randomly reboot.  The reboots became so unpredictable that it impacted my work, so I bought a AMD Ryzen 7 5800x after extensive troubleshooting and the purchase of spare parts -- GPU, PSU, Cables, RAM, etc.  It appears the CPU was the root cause as I no longer have the random reboots or CPU heat warnings, but I am still booting into q-code AA and then posting to d3 q-code.

Troubleshooting this issues has cost a ton of money as I've had to basically buy back-up parts to troubleshoot the problems.  I hope AMD can update us soonest on this item as its having a huge impact on my life while working from home.

Thanks in advance for any insight.

0 Likes

Go to task scheduler library and look for AMDRyzenMasterSDKTask, right click and select disable, no more d3 error code.

You also do need to do a reboot.

0 Likes

Hi Killroy:

I did disable AMDRyzenMasterSDKTask, however, doing so disables RyzenMaster, which I use to OC my CPU for games.  Is there anyway to disable to ....SDKTask file and still use RyzenMaster?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

0 Likes

Not that I know of, sorry

0 Likes

Dear AMD Community Forum Members:

I did deactivate the file recommended, but this renders Ryzen Master non-operational.  If you use Ryzen Master to OC your CPU, don't disable the file.  I did disable the file and then had to uninstall /reinstall Ryzen Master a couple times to get it working again.

Hopefully, future BIOS / Radeon driver updates will fix this q-Code posting.  I'm not having any reboots now, but my OCD wants to see AA or 40.

0 Likes

Hi I better wait for the new beta driver but for now I still stay at 21.3.2 and it works fine for me)

0 Likes

New release of 21.5.1 didn't fixed the d3 error code. 

It is the same for me.  My motherboard posts AA and then it reverts to "d3".  Maybe we need a motherboard BIOS update, too?

0 Likes

for my asus x570 e gaming there is only Version 3801 Beta version, I will wait for the release and I will still stay on the old version 21.3.2. I do not know why the error was not included in the known problems, even if it is not an error, I still do not like it and I do not know what architectures are not available

Hi TumKo:

Agree with your assessment and I am still on the beta BIOS for my ASUS ROG Crosshair Hero VIII (Wi-Fi) board.  It may not be that big of a problem or a lot of PC users don't even notice the post code.

0 Likes

I agree with you that many users do not notice his post code, while others may not even have it on the board, such as asus e gaming

0 Likes

New bios Version 3604 has been released on asus e gaming old AGESA V2 PI 1.2.0.1 Patch A, error d3 there is still, a problem in the driver

асмива.jpg

0 Likes

Nothing for my Asus motherboard yet.  Hope to get an update soon.

0 Likes
LordAndersson
Journeyman III

My system is a Ryzen 5900x with a ROG STRIX X570-EGAMING motherboard, and I´m experiencing the same d3 error, as everyon else here, after the latest patch. Can AMD please let us know if this issue will be fixed with the next driver update?

Kind regards

Sune

0 Likes
LordAndersson
Journeyman III

Hello AMD

My system is a Ryzen 5900x with a ROG STRIX X570-EGAMING motherboard, and I´m experiencing the same d3 error, as everyone else here. It seems to have occured after the latest patch.

Can AMD please let us know if this issue will be fixed with the next driver update?

Kind regards Sune

0 Likes
LordAndersson
Journeyman III

My system is a Ryzen 5900x with a ROG STRIX X570-EGAMING motherboard, and I´m experiencing the same d3 error, as everyon else here, after the latest patch.

Can AMD please let us know if this issue will be fixed with the next driver update?

Kind regards Sune

0 Likes

Amd is still silent even on the beta driver there is an error d3

0 Likes
karimento
Adept I

I have Asus Crosshair x370 and 5700XT and same error code and rando unstability issues.

This sucks.

0 Likes

Hi Karimento:

My bet is those of us who are receiving this error will do so until around June 22nd, 2021.  On this date, AMD will roll out its Fidelity FX Super Resolution.  For big updates such as this, many of the motherboard manufacturers will have large BIOS updates.

The good news is my PC, motherboard and CPU have been operating fine without any crashes.

0 Likes

Well my d3 issue was solved with the info in second message, but i still have instability issues.

0 Likes

Hello members of the forum, I updated my driver to the latest version and I started to receive messages about the driver's waiting time after I set the fan speed on a curve, If you leave the default driver settings, everything works fine

0 Likes

AMD is investigating a D3 code that may be seen in some motherboard after updating to the latest Radeon Software.

Lower than expected performance may be observed on select AMD Athlon™ mobile systems.

We are waiting for fixes friends )))

0 Likes

Thanks for the update.

I've updated my BIOS and AMD Radeon drivers a few times, but I'm still getting the d3 post code.  For me thought, I don't notice a performance hit, but I would certainly welcome the return to a AA or 40 post code.

Thanks for the follow-up with AMD!  MynusTen

0 Likes

Last old version 21.3.2 no error D3

0 Likes

amd driver 21.7.1 present error D3

0 Likes

Hi TumKo:

I am also running the AMD Radeon drivers for 21.7.1 for my GPU and I still get the d3 post, but my system is running very normal.

My feel is this is more related to the motherboard and I've been updating my Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) motherboard and I still get the d3 post as well.

I am continuously monitoring updates for my AMD GPU and motherboard, but so far everything still results in a d3 post.

0 Likes

AMD has posted on 21.7.1 release note following info. 

Important Notes; 

After updating to the latest Radeon™ Adrenalin software, a D3 information code is seen on some motherboards. However, AMD has not identified any issues pertaining to it – it is an information code and not an error code.

What makes me laugh, is that issue started to happen on revision 21.4.1.

So it seems very like something as changed since that version but for some reason AMD is not able to identify it. 

0 Likes

This is very strange of coursesdcdsc.jpg

Had this d3 code pop up when running software that reads certain bios settings had it with maximums vi hero running Asus ai suite opening information tab and on my crosshair vii hero when running Zen timings never had any issues related to d3 code so wouldn’t worry about it 

Something has definitely changed I am running an AMD Ryzen 9 3900X CPU with a AMD Ryzen Radeon RX 6800 XT graphics card and a AMD Rog Strix B550-XE Motherboard I just bought Doom Eternal it will load every once and a while but 98% of the time when I try to load this game on my pc I get a black screen and I look at the code on the motherboard it says D3 hitting control,ALT,delete does absolutely nothing and I have to hard reset my PC my current version is 21.8.1 I do not experience this with any other game on my PC the D3 code only happens when I try to load Doom eternal I hope AMD will find a solution to this D3 problem quickly

0 Likes