cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

amdfreak01
Adept III

Possible Fix for black screen reboots on 5700 XT's

Ive been in contact w/ customer support for this issue that ive had for the past 2 months or so. There were several things they told me to do, and all of you have probably done them several times over.

After installing 20.2.1 (from 19.9.2) i got ONE Black screen.

Then.....

What seemed to "work" for me (and by work i mean i haven't had a black screen in over a week), is by adding the following registry tweak. I also force closed MS edge at the time, so im not sure if this had a role aswell.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Avalon.Graphics

add  DisableHWAcceleration 1   (DWORD)

Doing this allowed me to play for several hours w/ no problems. Mind you i still do get crashes, freezes, but no black screens that force me to reboot. That's at least a step up.

The funny thing is i removed this tweak to test for a black screen and so far ive still havent had any. Edge is running aswell. IM not sure what the heck this problem is. It sure is a strange one.

Give it a try if you haven't.

0 Likes
7 Replies
ellolait
Adept II

Now there is a driver 20.2.2, technical support helps only people with current drivers

0 Likes
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

Thanks for the feedback.

Please try updating to 20.2.2 and let me know if that resolves your issue. 

I haven't gotten a black screen yet, but i do get hardware errors and that causes the radeon software to crash aswell as rdr2. RDR2 says err_gfx_state then closes.

0 Likes
amdfreak01
Adept III

Yeah im in the midst of trying that. Ill let you know.

0 Likes
amdfreak01
Adept III

After using the new drivers, im still not getting black screens, which isn't really that amazing as i wasn't getting them w/ the fix i posted above, but i am getting crashes still in video games like rdr2 (haven't tried many others yet) and the windows reliability history, apart from application hangs, lists HARDWARE ERROR aswell. So im still not sure what the exact cause of that is, but ill have to test this further to see.

0 Likes
mickeekung
Challenger

I can't find Avalon.Graphics. Do I need to create it?

0 Likes

You could try creating it, and see what happens.

0 Likes