cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

duckofdeath
Adept I

Please stop the notifications madness!

Since some time this winter your drivers has gone bonkers and spammed notifications at every upstart and other occasions. 99% of the time it's a notification with zero relevance, about a driver update I don't have to make. For an optional update if I'm on the recommended or even worse, a "recommended" downgrade  if I'm on the optional. The "we want to mess up your settings" notification (gaming experience settings) is even worse to get.

Please fix it.

0 Likes
10 Replies

This was fixed this year. Update your drivers.

It clearly haven't been fixed. I'm on the latest recommended, 19.1.1, and I get notifications about updates at every single boot and at random intervals after that.

If this spam is the new standard for AMD I have no issues going back to the green team on my next card update. It's not only annoying but actually a security issue almost as big as neglecting to fix bugs. People stop caring about notifications when they see pointless ones all the time.

0 Likes

Driver update notifications was fixed as of driver 19.2.1.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..

amdmatt‌ time to lock this thread.

diddydawdle
Journeyman III

i have 19.1.1 drivers

0 Likes

The current version is 19.2.3.

0 Likes

THis should have been the first reply

0 Likes

Completely disabling notifications. That's so brilliant! (I hope you can read the sarcasm?)

How about just fixing the drivers instead?

0 Likes

Here's the thing, I was on the latest recommended driver and has been forever. It spams notifications, both for those useless automatic settings that just messes up performance and for driver updates that does not exist!

I now tried updating to the latest beta driver, 1.9.3, and guess what? It resets the notifications setting I've set, to shut up the useless "enhanced" gaming settings and spams those again and while I write this the effing driver sends a pop up telling me "There's an updated driver"!

So, if anyone who just wants to sound clever without having a useful answer considers responding here, please close your browser instead.

0 Likes